DHC6 - elevator yoke sensitivity

liazkam

Hello all,

I use SAITEK yoke and registered FSUIPC to calibrate it.

I noticed that the elevator axis is highly sensitive in the DHC6.

Meaning that a small deflection of the axis, results in large deflection of the DHC6 elevators.

I also fly the Carenado C152, and I don't sense this.

is someone experiencing this as well? How can solve this through FSUIPC?

Do I need to set a special response curve for the DHC?

Thanks

Hello all,

I use SAITEK yoke and registered FSUIPC to calibrate it.

I noticed that the elevator axis is highly sensitive in the DHC6.

Meaning that a small deflection of the axis, results in large deflection of the DHC6 elevators.

I also fly the Carenado C152, and I don't sense this.

is someone experiencing this as well? How can solve this through FSUIPC?

Do I need to set a special response curve for the DHC?

Thanks

Maybe you can try reading this thread tough its not about the DHC: http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/51686-controls-hyper-sensitive/

Thank you Joshua,

That post made me understand that the problem might be under my nose, and it did.

The axis was marked as "send directly to FS" instead of "calibrate using FSUIPC".

Once I changed that, I managed to adjust my elevator axis, and it works great!

Thanks again all

• 4 weeks later...

Where did you see that "calibrate using FSUIPC" ? and is that only possible with the payware version of FSUIPC?

I too have noticed when going out of the plane in mid-flight that when flying straight sometimes the elevator is pitched up in a position of around 20-25 degrees, something that must certainly should cause the plane to go up.

That can be caused by a mis-correlation between initial controller settings and virtual control position detected within the sim.

ALWAYS start FSX, then use Numpad `5` (with numlock OFF) to synchronise real and virtual control settings.

Otherwise, check your Cof G and weight settings as it could be you have an out-of-range setup with fuel and/or pax.

And yes, you do require the paid-for, unlocked version of FSX to access any of the special features including calibration and `per aircraft` settings

And yes, you do require the paid-for, unlocked version of FSX to access any of the special features including calibration and `per aircraft` settings

Do you mean FSUIPC? I do have a paid-for version of FSX but AFAIK FSX is unaware of FSUIPC but not the other way around.

Thanks for the '5' tip! I missed that, one learns something new every day.