NavDataPro preview (FSX, FS2004, X-Plane), released, topic closed.

I think we are three or four weeks off now.

Hi Mathijs,

This sound very promising indeed! One question I would like to ask. Some airport approach plates are not given out to the general public and are owned by the companies that have created them. An example of this is NZQN(Queenstown New Zealand). Navigraph do not have access to these approach procedures so they were not included in any datasets. I know someone has created their own version which works well. Does the aerosoft navdata pro have access to such airport procedures? I would assume it would since it is using the lufthansa data set. But just would like clarification. :)

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Deputy Sheriffs

My understanding is that any non-public (private) approach will not be in the data set. Since the source for the Aerosoft product is Lufthansa (aka Lido/FMS), unless they 1) had this as one of their private appoaches and 2) were willing to risk RL complications from unauthorized users of the procedure, the chances seem to be slim to none that it will be included. This is also almost certainly why it's not available through Navigraph.

• Aerosoft

My understanding is that any non-public (private) approach will not be in the data set. Since the source for the Aerosoft product is Lufthansa (aka Lido/FMS), unless they a) had this as one of their private appoaches and B) were willing to risk RL complications from unauthorized users of the procedure, the chances seem to be slim to none that it will be included. This is also almost certainly why it's not available through Navigraph.

And also why it is not in our set.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Is the flight planner printable like load sheets &flight plans & weather brief?

You missed something: NavdataPro is not a flight planning tool! It is a dataset used by addons like some aircrafts ( as the the Airbus X Extended or PMDG) and flightplanning tools like FSC or Aivlasofts EFB.

Hello Mathijs, all of us brazilians are eager for the release ;)

Just one question: - The AIRAC will cover all of Brazil?

This question is often asked because of AIRAC Navigraph always leaves something to be desired here in Brazil.

• Deputy Sheriffs

As the database comes from Lufthansa Systems, everything is included that is relevant for their business. As I understood is their database bigger then Navigraphs, but that doesn't mean that it covers the whole world. unfortunately I couldn't find a source telling me what airports are included.

• Aerosoft

As the database comes from Lufthansa Systems, everything is included that is relevant for their business. As I understood is their database bigger then Navigraphs, but that doesn't mean that it covers the whole world. unfortunately I couldn't find a source telling me what airports are included.

Not only Lufthansa, this the database that is used by many other companies. In fact it is probably the most used.

• Aerosoft

Hello Mathijs, all of us brazilians are eager for the release ;)

Just one question: - The AIRAC will cover all of Brazil?

This question is often asked because of AIRAC Navigraph always leaves something to be desired here in Brazil.

I cannot say if it covers the whole of brasil, but it has 250+ South American airports, and if I am correct that is a lot more then Navigraph includes.

• Deputy Sheriffs

I cannot say if it covers the whole of brasil, but it has 250+ South American airports, and if I am correct that is a lot more then Navigraph includes.

Is there a source you could publish to see what airports are included?

All Aiports which have IFR-Procedures official published in the AIP are available. So just browse through an AIP and you will see whats included.

That means in 99% of the cases: No more questions like "Why is airport XYZ not included, could you please add it?"

Jan-Paul

• 2 weeks later...

I would pay to have the montly navdatapro into a .sql file. Many virtual airlines use these information in order to built up their websites and give more information on their pilot briefings. So you can count me in if you could create a database board with all these information.

How will I know if my favourite airport will be included. Believe it or not, Navigragh does have suprisingly good coverage for Canada. Many of WestJet's destinations are covered in areas that are defently smaller. For example; Windsor CYQG, London CYXU, St Johns CYYT, Charlet CYYG etc etc. Now sometimes Navigraph data is terrible, like for example flying into KDCA its all old data, which makes me think about using this service instead. Do you have a published Map or list of supported airports?

Thanks you

• Aerosoft

How will I know if my favourite airport will be included. Believe it or not, Navigragh does have suprisingly good coverage for Canada. Many of WestJet's destinations are covered in areas that are defently smaller. For example; Windsor CYQG, London CYXU, St Johns CYYT, Charlet CYYG etc etc. Now sometimes Navigraph data is terrible, like for example flying into KDCA its all old data, which makes me think about using this service instead. Do you have a published Map or list of supported airports?

Thanks you

All the Canadian airports you mention are in with procedures. KDCA seems to be to date, but at this moment we can not share a full list.

Real versus simulation (aka will it cover airports that no longer in real life?)

This a real world database. An exact copy of the database used in tens of thousand of aircraft. It will not have any fictional data.

And I just wanted to add that this database covers active airports, don't expect navigation for all the inactive airports like VHHX. It is possible that it covers a few of them because Lufthansa Systems updates the LIDO database also for airlines that have "special" wishes for covered airports/procedures etc.

One example is Hong Kong Kai Tak(VHHX): In all the full-flight-simulators of Lufthansa with, of course, LIDO-database and real aircraft this airports isn't supported and covered.

I would pay to have the montly navdatapro into a .sql file. Many virtual airlines use these information in order to built up their websites and give more information on their pilot briefings. So you can count me in if you could create a database board with all these information.

i want to second that. I`m running Hellenic Airways VA and this would be great to have. It currently is almost impossible to update our Navdatabase for the flightplans and Map Displays.

• Aerosoft

i want to second that. I`m running Hellenic Airways VA and this would be great to have. It currently is almost impossible to update our Navdatabase for the flightplans and Map Displays.

I doubt that would be possible due to contractual reasons.

Ah Mathijs that's bad news but i was already expecting some problems there. Anyway I'm looking forward to having the nav updates in my addon planes. Thanks for replying.

This sounds very interesting indeed! Have been using NaviGraph for as long as I can remember but I never liked the credits system like many other have already brought up so I hope this product will use some other kind of system where you don't have to worry about loosing credits you already paid for. Then if the data will be more complete and up to date compared to NaviGraph and this to a better price than NaviGraph well then I guess there's not much to think about but I will for sure switch to using this product instead.

Then I would just like to add that I'm happy to see a company like Aerosoft that to me seem to have a pretty great business despite the economically in many ways and countries bad situation providing us with all these great new products and sceneries making our FS hobby staying alive and so much more fun compared to what it would be without all these addons and products :excellenttext_s:

• Aerosoft

Then I would just like to add that I'm happy to see a company like Aerosoft that to me seem to have a pretty great business despite the economically in many ways and countries bad situation providing us with all these great new products and sceneries making our FS hobby staying alive and so much more fun compared to what it would be without all these addons and products

Don't worry about us, our home market is Germany and the economy there is growing. Just as we are, we think we'll need some more staff before the year is at an end.

Don't worry about us, our home market is Germany and the economy there is growing. Just as we are, we think we'll need some more staff before the year is at an end.

That's great to hear, I'm happy for you!

Where can I apply? I could do with a small job in Germany :)

All kidding aside, great that this is coming together so well. Really looking forward.

Archived