NavDataPro preview (FSX, FS2004, X-Plane), released, topic closed.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Sure, you will download the data in the correct format for each product. Replacing Navigraph is just a matter of dropping it in. Our Airbus X Extended will have an option to select either database (but it comes with NavDataPro of course.

Great! And now dreaming of the Lido/FlightBag :rolleyes:

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sounds interesting. Two question though, can an individual edit the relevant files to add fictisious airports etcetera like one can with Navigraph and will there be an idiots guide?

• Deputy Sheriffs

Sounds interesting. Two question though, can an individual edit the relevant files to add fictisious airports etcetera like one can with Navigraph and will there be an idiots guide?

I did this in the past with the Navigraph data, and that's what it means:

- manually editing txt files or manually editing the structure of MS Access database, repeating this on various locations depending on the addon you are using

- repeating this procedure for each new cycle.

So I stopped doing it as it is not worth the time you have to spend.

So I'm 100% sure that Aerosoft

- will never provide you with a guide how to do this

- will never explain you the structure of the dataset

- weill never give you any support when you do something on your own risk

- and maybe it could also be a violation of the EULA

So keep it as it is: Real Wold Data!

• Aerosoft

I did this in the past with the Navigraph data, and that's what it means:

- manually editing txt files or manually editing the structure of MS Access database, repeating this on various locations depending on the addon you are using

- repeating this procedure for each new cycle.

So I stopped doing it as it is not worth the time you have to spend.

So I'm 100% sure that Aerosoft

- will never provide you with a guide how to do this

- will never explain you the structure of the dataset

- weill never give you any support when you do something on your own risk

- and maybe it could also be a violation of the EULA

So keep it as it is: Real Wold Data!

Correct on all items.

Guest cptawsom

Sure, it is 100% compatible with Navigraph.

What does this mean?

Can the NavDataPro be a complete drop-in replacement in place of Navigraph, for aircraft that only know about Navigraph (eg PMDG 747-400X, 737NGX, MD-11X);

What does this mean?

Can the NavDataPro be a complete drop-in replacement in place of Navigraph, for aircraft that only know about Navigraph (eg PMDG 747-400X, 737NGX, MD-11X);

Yes! As mentioned you will be able to download the new database in the correct format, the addon(s) need. Its just a new source!

best regards,

Emmanuel

Question on purchasing / price.

Navigraph uses "credits" that easily expire if not used in a given time period. Personally, I do not like this usage/time limit system. I have, as many others have, lost cycles also several times.

Will you be using this system?

• Aerosoft

What does this mean?

Yes, the format of all datafiles is exactly the same, just more data!

• Aerosoft

Question on purchasing / price.

Navigraph uses "credits" that easily expire if not used in a given time period. Personally, I do not like this usage/time limit system. I have, as many others have, lost cycles also several times.

Will you be using this system?

I see the issue and will discuss that.

We will sell single data sets, 4 data sets a year or 13 data sets per year. I am sure we can send you a reminder or download link when there is a new one available for you.

Thanks.

What is a data set?

... A data set (or dataset) is a collection of data, usually presented in tabular form. Each column represents a particular variable. Each row corresponds to a given member of the data set in question. It lists values for each of the variables, such as height and weight of an object. Each value is known as a datum. ...

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Data_set

So in each row for example you have a VOR:

For example (this is not the correct representation of the format(!!!)):

CODE NAME FREQ LAT LON

LNZ LINZ 116.60 48.229698 14 6.191998

SBG SALZBURG 48.323856 16.490953

and the same for NDB, SID, STAR, Airports, Routes.

Best regards,

Emmanuel

Emmanuel,

Navigraph sells "credits" to download AIRAC cycles.

Aerosoft will sell DataSets ... is that the same?

Hello!

First of all I am not an aerosoft employee, so read everything from the official side as my words can be wrong.

To your question:

Its very good listed in the first post what you get for your money. A data set is comparable to a navigraph airac cycle. The credits they use is just something like a currency, like the AES credits.

Its still open how Aerosoft will handle this.

best regards,

Emmanuel

Vaughan,

Navigraph sells credits. You can use credits to pay for cycles, and other stuff. I do not know how NavDataPro will work in regard to this.

Mathijs, I'd like to propose that you ammend your post with a short FAQ section. I have already noticed some stuff repeating and misunderstood. Could include:

-Will NavDataPro include decomissioned airports, that are still popular in simulator, such as Kai Tak?

No, the data will only include valid and current airports and procedures.

-Will this include PMDG/PSS/Wilco/Etc. data that are supplied by Navigraph now?

Yes, at least to the level that inclusion by Navigraph does not mean NavDataPro will not be compatibile.

The reason is, that every add-on has its own data format definition, from simple TXT files, to own proprietary format. What Navigraph actually does, is it obtains the data from a real-world aviation supplier, in its case NavTech, and converts it to add-on formats. NavDataPro is the same concept, but from another supplier (LIDO).

-Will this include LOWI or other RNP approach?

Depends, if it is in the original dataset. Note that not all add-ons are compatibile with all types of approaches, maybe most notably, PMDG current format is incompatibile with LOWI RNP procedures, specifically it does not allow for radius-to-fix path/terminator.

(note: a simplified procedure can be found, made by simmers)

Emmanuel,

Thanks for your follow up.

You mentioned:

"First of all I am not an aerosoft employee, so read everything from the official side as my words can be wrong."

Ok, thanks for the background information.

"A data set (or dataset) is a collection of data, usually presented in tabular form. Each column represents a particular variable. Each row corresponds to a given member of the data set in

question. It lists values for each of the variables, such as height and weight of an object. Each value is known as a datum. ..."

ok, thanks for the wikipedia information on data sets ...but it did not mention AIRAC cycle(s).

But I see the relation to data orginization that you made, thanks.

At first I thought in the USA we say Airac Cycle and in Europe it is Data Set for aviation airport data, airspace fixes, NavAids, SIDS, STARS, Approach procedures...

You mentioned:

"Its very good listed in the first post what you get for your money. A data set is comparable to a navigraph airac cycle. The credits they use is just something like a currency, like the AES

credits.

Its still open how Aerosoft will handle this."

Anyway.

After reading post #36 by Mathijs, I wondered what was the exact meaning of data set because we will be purchasing them.

"We will sell single data sets, 4 data sets a year or 134 data sets per year"

So, naturally I was wondering what was 134 data sets per year.

This would not be 134 airac cycles.

And lastly, how much they would cost and if they will have time/usage/expire restrictions like Navigraph.

Like you said, Aerosoft will determine all this at a later date.

No worry.

hi,

I´d like to know if the standard or 3rd party GPS system can be updated with this software?

That would be great, because I only fly GA airplanes and I´d find it great if I could update the GPS.

thx

• Deputy Sheriffs

FSX standard GPS definitely NO, as it relies on the default FSX database and can not access other databases. And neither NavDataPro nor Navigraph can update FSX's default data.

3rd party GPS: Maybe if they can use one of the formats NavdataPro will be delivered by Aerosoft.

But keep in mind that both NavdataPro and Navigraph are designed to be used by airlines in aircraft equiped with a FMS/FMC, GA-aircrafts normally don't have.

i suggest adding a module to allow reading this data during flight when in 'full screen' mode.

Today, I have to run in 'windowed mode' and run the Navigraph, which is unfriendly or itself, in order to read the data.

Liazkam:

you must be misunderstanding what this product will do.

This is not competition to nDAC product, that is, charts, and information you would look up while flying.

Rather, it is a competitor to Navigraphs AIRAC cycles, that is, a set of data, that various add-ons such as aircraft add-ons, GPSes, flight planners, will use. Such as when you select an approach in the FMC or route in GPS of this/that add-on.

• Deputy Sheriffs

i suggest adding a module to allow reading this data during flight when in 'full screen' mode.

Today, I have to run in 'windowed mode' and run the Navigraph, which is unfriendly or itself, in order to read the data.

I think you messed something up, as you can't "read" the data. Guess you're talking about nDAC, that's something completely different.

Archived