Aerosoft Flight Simulator

ppgstf

Please accept my apologies if this has been asked before, I've been away from simming for a long time and just got back into it.

With the demise of the FS9/FSX flight sim team I seem to remember Aerosoft saying they were looking into creating the next generation flight sim. Can anyone tell me if I am right or wrong? If right, what's the status?

I have many Aerosoft products in my flight sim (FS9) and love them all so keep up the good work guys!

Thanks

I remember I've heard that too, but after that it was silent and until today it still remains silent. If the project is still alive, it's got a very low priority.

But there's also good news, two very promising simulators have been released since you were away. First is X-plane 10, the newest version of this "alternative flight simulator". Second is Prepar3D, wich is in fact an improved version of FSX published by Lockheed Martin, who bought the rights for FSX from Microsoft. Because FSX and P3D share the same source code, most add-ons are fully compatible.

Thank you Fabian for the reply, I like the 'for the moment' part, it makes me think it may resurrect itself again in the future!.

Keep up the good work.