Megascenery Reno

leostretch

My current PC Pilot edition has a flight from Las Vegas to Reno, and I was keen to try it out (it seems quite challenging, with the right weather), but as with most of these flights, I like to look for scenery enhancements first :)

At under 15 Euros on here, it seems a bit of a bargain. One question though, to any of you that have it. Do you know if the included airports have been enhanced/remodelled, or are they defaults with a bit of prettiness added?

The screenies (understandably) focus on the photoscenery side of it, which leaves me thinking in the absence of any airport shots that they're probably the default ones.

http://en.shop.aerosoft.com/eshop.php?action=article_detail&s_supplier_aid=12049&s_design=DEFAULT&shopfilter_category=Flight%20Simulation&s_language=english

Airports included in the area include:

• Reno/Tahoe International
  • Reno/Stead
  • Minden-Tahoe
  • Carson City
  • South Lake Tahoe

Might not be a deal breaker, but caveat emptor.

(PS, appreciate the "current" version might not be the most recent in Europe. NZ tend to be a bit behind on these things....)

Thanks, Leo

Hey, the airport is included, but it is not a custom made airport. They all have generic FSX buildings, runway, taxiway, and ramp textures. Also, autogen buildings are very sparse. The scenery is great for a higher altitude fly-over, but lacks the 3-D goodies if you know what I mean. The airports are basically laid out along with the photo scenery, but the default FSX airport textures and buildings are over them, albiet fixed so they fit into the photoscenery. There are a few custom 3-D buildings in and around the city, but it does not give you the quality of other dedicated airport/city sceneries at all. If you have any other MegaScenery addons they are a perfect comparison. Now, if someone could create custom quality airports to cover these that is compatible with MegaScenery Reno (to my knowledge there are none at this point), it would probably be worth it, especially with airline ops. Hope this helps.