Trondheim Vaernes X approach lights

RafaelK

Hei,

I'm still having the problem that the approach-, runway- and taxilights at Trondheim X appear quite late. I have to be as close as some 2 nm or so. (See the following topic: http://forum.aerosof...__hl__trondheim )

I made some further observations. During night, the rwy lights load and are visible as expected. The problem arises during day/dawn. I did two test situations. The first was with local time = 15:00; the second one was with local time 20:00. During the 15:00 flight, the rwy and vasi lights were loading gradually when I was only about 1-2 nm from the rwy, during the 20:00 flight, everything was ok, rwy and vasi lights loaded well in advance.

I checked the same for Mega Airport Oslo. There during the 15:00 flight, the rwy lights were off, but the vasi lights were loaded well in advance. During the 20:00, rwy and vasi lights loaded perfectly.

I started with a clean fs.cfg: didn't help.

I disabled UTX Europe: didn't help.

I disabled REX2 lightning and changed to default rwy textures: didn't help.

No rwy lights during day wouldn't bother me, but it would be nice to actually see the vasi lights properly for the approach.

Has there been anything discovered that would fix that problem?

Rafael

• 4 weeks later...
Guest cptawsom

Do we have any news on this?

As you can see in the pictures:

post-55540-0-61842400-1340673163_thumb.j post-55540-0-53848500-1340673168_thumb.j

and from the ND, the first shot is at roughly 4nm -> no approach lights, no PAPI/VASI lights, no nothing.

At the second shot where they appear, distance is about 2nm.