Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Mathijs Kok

Erfurt (product released, topic closed)

Recommended Posts

Check these out... will be released for FSX/FS2004 pretty soon. And it looks even prettier in the sim then in these shots!

post-43-0-99497100-1337961728_thumb.jpg

post-43-0-46559600-1337961732_thumb.jpg

post-43-0-96732600-1337961735_thumb.jpg

post-43-0-35263600-1337961739_thumb.jpg

post-43-0-36918900-1337961742_thumb.jpg

post-43-0-98943000-1337961744_thumb.jpg

post-43-0-25358300-1337961747_thumb.jpg

post-43-0-60780200-1337961749_thumb.jpg

post-43-0-98459800-1337961752_thumb.jpg

post-43-0-88083500-1337961755_thumb.jpg

post-43-0-81819700-1337961758_thumb.jpg

post-43-0-60196100-1337961761_thumb.jpg

post-43-0-01890500-1337961764_thumb.jpg

post-43-0-61398900-1337961766_thumb.jpg

post-43-0-82804000-1337961768_thumb.jpg

post-43-0-67711300-1337961771_thumb.jpg

  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Impressive! A piece of art. Nice detail, there's even a Trabant in the first picture. :lol:

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Very nice, I'm looking forward to this scenery. It will almost complete the collection of german (international) airports then!

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Very nice, I'm looking forward to this scenery. It will almost complete the collection of german (international) airports then!

No it doesn`t complete it.... still Dresden, Nürnberg, Düsseldorf and Saarbrücken, and for the future Berlin, are still missing....

Greetings

Klaus

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No it doesn`t complete it.... still Dresden, Nürnberg, Düsseldorf and Saarbrücken, and for the future Berlin, are still missing....

Very nice, I'm looking forward to this scenery. It will almost complete the collection of german (international) airports then!

As said it will almost complete it. Nürnberg and Düsseldorf are in development already, despite of VERY nice freeware scenerys for both of them. If you take into consideration how many international airports there are here in Germany you can easily see that the last 2 ones are really not that much!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow, another great scenery to come. binoculars.gif

Rainer, we want more screenshots!

there's even a Trabant in the first picture

Spot on!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No it doesn`t complete it.... still Dresden, Nürnberg, Düsseldorf and Saarbrücken, and for the future Berlin, are still missing....

Greetings

Klaus

But heck, we are trying! There is no other country that has better coverage.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That's not entirely true Mathijs. I went through some calculations and came to the conclusion that 55 percent of all commercial airports in Germany has been done. 10 percent is in development, wich leaves 35 percent uncovered. With commercial airports I mean all airports that handle airliner traffic.

Now compare that to the Netherlands. Both Aerosoft and Oryxsim are active on the Dutch market and together they've done 80 percent of all commercial airports. The other 20 percent is in development. Even if you only look at Aerosoft, they still cover 60 percent of all commercial Dutch airports.

On the other hand, it could be far worse. Now compare it to Belgium, wich has 20 percent coverage and nothing in development. For the record: I only count payware sceneries, not freeware. But I do count payware airports by all developers, not only by Aerosoft.

  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not interested in this airport, but I have to say it looks really great. To see such great scenerys makes me really looking forward to future projects.

Seems your internal projects are very much faster than externals like DUSSELDORF ;) ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That's easy to explain. Imagine you're an external developer and you got a regular job next to your development. Your job takes most of your time and you also need to eat, sleep, clean the house, etc. So there's not much time per day left for development. Now imagine you're an internal developer. Development is your job, you work full-time on it. This way you can spend far more hours on development and make faster progress.

Of course Aerosoft can make more sceneries if they attract more internal developers. They could for example offer their external developers a contract to work for them and become an internal developer. But not everyone wants that, some people just want to be an external developer. And you got to respect that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That looks like an excellent product. The airport itself looks fantastic and the surroundings look like ORBX have done them. After Frankfurt Hahn, Aachen and Friedrichshafen another true gem.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest cptawsom

That's not entirely true Mathijs. I went through some calculations and came to the conclusion that 55 percent of all commercial airports in Germany has been done. 10 percent is in development, wich leaves 35 percent uncovered. With commercial airports I mean all airports that handle airliner traffic.

Now compare that to the Netherlands. Both Aerosoft and Oryxsim are active on the Dutch market and together they've done 80 percent of all commercial airports. The other 20 percent is in development. Even if you only look at Aerosoft, they still cover 60 percent of all commercial Dutch airports.

On the other hand, it could be far worse. Now compare it to Belgium, wich has 20 percent coverage and nothing in development. For the record: I only count payware sceneries, not freeware. But I do count payware airports by all developers, not only by Aerosoft.

Your logic is flawed because it does not take into account the average international customer for these two countries, ie neither German nor Dutch.

The reason? Simple.

Netherlands is a much smaller (in surface) country than Germany.

Even if you forget the international market, let's say the average EU citizen/customer, how many cities (and even more, cities that have an airport with a runway of let's say 2km long) do you think he can name in the Netherlands? 2? 3? Max 4?

The same goes for Belgium.

While in Germany he could name at least 10-15.

PS: If you take me for example - and we had a rather strong geography course in high-school - I could name only the following (I see the Navigraph list for each country, and tell you only the cities I knew they had such an airport, before I started flying with FSX):

- Belgium -> Brussels (I knew Antwerpen, Liege and Charleroi as cities, but I didn't know they had an airport)

- Nethelands -> Amsterdam Schiphol (I knew Eindhoven, Rotterdam and Maastricht as cities, but I didn't know they had an airport - forgive my spelling, I'm not Dutch)

Now count the numbers so far:

- Belgium -> 1 airport, 4 cities

- Netherlands -> 1 airport, 4 cities

Now, you want the numbers, in comparison for Germany? Here goes:

- Germany:

-> airports -> Frankfurt Main, Hamburg, Berlin Tegel (I don't count Sconenfeld since it's going to replace Tegel), Munich, Dusseldorf, Stuttgart, Hannover

-> cities that I knew but I didn't know they had an airport -> Dresden, Bonn, Koln, Cottbus, Dortmund, Bremen, Karlsruhe, Leipzig, Nurnberg, Ramstein

So we have 7 airports and 17 cities.

Compare the numbers to those of the two above. They pale in comparison.

Now do you get my point?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That's easy to explain. Imagine you're an external developer and you got a regular job next to your development. Your job takes most of your time and you also need to eat, sleep, clean the house, etc. So there's not much time per day left for development. Now imagine you're an internal developer. Development is your job, you work full-time on it. This way you can spend far more hours on development and make faster progress.

Of course Aerosoft can make more sceneries if they attract more internal developers. They could for example offer their external developers a contract to work for them and become an internal developer. But not everyone wants that, some people just want to be an external developer. And you got to respect that.

We got 8 full time developers on staff and all of those are working on projects right now, from X-Plane scenery to the Airbus X.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have X-Pane 10. But: I wait for FSX Erfurt and Nuernberg and outher.

Thank for Erfurt. I like buy with Download. Mike

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Do you have an idea - when ?

We do not have a released scheduled for this, but we'll know soon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hope there will be a box-version :)

There will most likely be a boxed version, but we got no idea when it will be ready.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There will most likely be a boxed version, but we got no idea when it will be ready.

I can wait ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...