Scenery uninstall/install problem

mwilk

Hello,

I recently had a hard drive crash and I lost my FS2004 install. I am now reinstalling all of my Aerosoft Airports. Most have not been a problem as when I run the installer it asks if I want to uninstall the previous version. Of course, there is no previous version on the drive because it is a fresh install. The registry entries remain though. I'm having problems with two airports though. The installers for Mega Airport Lisbon and Mega Airport Madrid don't give that option so they won't install because they want you to uninstall the previous version first. I've searched the registry for any references to these two airports and have deleted any strings I have found but I still can't get these two installed. Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Mike have you tried using a tool like CCleaner http://www.piriform.com/ccleaner/download Let the run through your registry and clean it up. Yo dont mention if your FS9 is installed on a seperate drive to your OS. If it is, go to C:\Program Files (x86)\InstallShield Installation Information and look through the folders in there. In each folder there should be a setup.ini which if opened will tell you what product they belong to. Locate and delete the folders for Lisbon and Madrid.

Hello,

I recently had a hard drive crash and I lost my FS2004 install. I am now reinstalling all of my Aerosoft Airports. Most have not been a problem as when I run the installer it asks if I want to uninstall the previous version. Of course, there is no previous version on the drive because it is a fresh install. The registry entries remain though. I'm having problems with two airports though. The installers for Mega Airport Lisbon and Mega Airport Madrid don't give that option so they won't install because they want you to uninstall the previous version first. I've searched the registry for any references to these two airports and have deleted any strings I have found but I still can't get these two installed. Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Please Check the Forums FAQs section as there is a suggestion there.