And the true successor of FSX is...?

iPetroSS

Don't really have an idea on which one to buy when FSX starts growing old......at least older than it is now!

XP10 or P3D?

Which sim has more potential for addons and online use?

Without knowing what sceneries you own I will say no. :lol:

But assuming you have the same sceneries from both aerosoft and flytamp as I do, then yes they will work with minor fiddling around.

I think they have lowered their prices because I remember myself accusing P3D of being too expensive in one of my previous posts.

Now as I see the pro license costs 199$ which is affordable and the other licenses even less.

Not sure about V2 though,

Well, this is a good question - which one will survive with succes. If you look at the activities of Aerosoft I do not think P3D will make the race. Aerosoft put a lot into XP like they organized a developper conference in Palma de Mallorca. Now there are a lot of press around of XP which shows that there is a lot of interest in this simulator. The programming of FSX and P3D is old maybe already antique. If P3D does not go into the deep to change te code it will stay antique. The developpers need a modern plattform to realize what is already possible with modern computers on modern systems. It is a pitty that FSX was closed down of course. But it is time that the sim enthusiast turn there back against this antique plattform and go for a new one with an ongoing development. We all spent a lot of money for the FSX addons and a lot of nice addons does not exist - but believe me as soon XP has planes like the PMDG NGX there is no reason to stay with FSX. I have 3 TB of selfmade fototextures which looks very good, I have hundreds of airports all over the world freeware, payware converted from FSX or FS2004 or just made for xplane. Cockpit builders can use xpuipc, there is a SB, there is an arcars tool etc. etc.

Do you really think Lockeed Martin really cares about home sim users. We will see what happens. It is still an interesting race.

Cheers Tom

• Upvote 1

Personally, the only thing that attracted me into P3D is that it is like a re engineered FSX with most of the FSX addons being compatible, especially sceneries.

I can't really afford to buy all those things I have for FSX once again for a new sim engine like XP10.

Please read carefully what I said - it is possible and legal for you to convert sceneries from FSX / FS2004 to XP. And you find hundreds of already converted on the net. It is work and not just that easy as an install, but it is possible and XP has the tools for this. You are able to make your own fototexture - which is quite easy. You should see my scenery form the Germany, Canaries or Switzerland - and you find a lot of free sceneires even fototextures Canaries, UK, Spain, Switzerland, Austria etc.

Of course it is fully understandable if you want to save your already bought addons. But it is like it is in the software world. Developpers want to live to. After a while a big change is necessary and you cannot use your old stuff anymore - like in the film and sound editing mixing world in which I work. If you do not want it, then just stick to the old till your machine and the graphic cards will not support it anymore. If you want to stay up to date you have to invest. Maybe some scenery publishers find a way to sell XP sceneries for a reduced price for existing and registered users. In the moment the FSX and FS2004 market is big, much bigger then XP - but using MSFS is riding an already dead horse. It has no far future if they does not really update or change the code. All what I see is that shops like Aerosoft does not really believe in P3D all their efforts they put into XP (of course it is a new market with a big business potential)

I myself like FSX for such planes as PMDG NGX (I am only using this) but I am looking forward to see such planes for XP. Yes to start with XP is not so easy - but is it easy to go from XP to FSX like I did - no I can tell you the configuration of FSX and after that for online flying (with very outdated add ons like FSINN / SB) is very tricky and was a full-time job for a while. My XP is sleeping on a 4TB Raid waiting for the next XP update and for the good addon planes - sceneries are there on my disc and much more then I own for FSX. And what is very important after all that conferences concerning XP I am sure that Austin Mayer Laminar starts to listen to the developers cause he has the chance now to grow with his sim - he never did this before :-) and the chance was never so big as now.

But But But - maybe I am completely wrong. Let us see....

Cheers Tom

• Upvote 2

• 1 month later...

Am I the only one who found it bad that P3D did not have an interface and just started at an airport of its choice?

Why should I lose time waiting for P3D to load at a random airport and then wait again to go where I want?

Shouldn't it have a main screen where you would be able to make choices?

No, FSX is still top for me............I'll try XP10 as well.

A question for all XP10 people in the house: Can I use XP10 with the exact same key assignments as in FSX?

Thanks!

P3DS lack of interfact isnt a problem. After all its stated in the manual for the sdk how you can make a basic selection interface. I kind of suits me, I fly somewher land and park up and save the flight as the default. My next flight then starts from where I left off. Obviously things like changing aircraft are still manual but that doesnt really bother me. Another way to doit could be to have many saved default flights and copy the one you want back to to relevant location :

• Aerosoft

Am I the only one who found it bad that P3D did not have an interface and just started at an airport of its choice?

Why should I lose time waiting for P3D to load at a random airport and then wait again to go where I want?

Shouldn't it have a main screen where you would be able to make choices?

No, FSX is still top for me............I'll try XP10 as well.

A question for all XP10 people in the house: Can I use XP10 with the exact same key assignments as in FSX?

Thanks!

That's not possible as functions are simply different. But the new 10.10 version will have a new user interface for some parts.