EDDF black signs

jgoggi

Hi, today I noticed that in my Mega Airport EDDF (FSX) all taxiway-runway signs have a black back side, like in the attached screenshot, thing that I had never noticed before. Is it really like that or is there a missing texture?

Thank you.

post-19486-0-40163100-1337619451_thumb.j

• Upvote 1

Thanks. So everything is ok, no missing textures in my scenery? Developers can confirm?

Thank you.

If its the same for eveyone then they werent meant to have textures, so i wouldnt worry aboiut it to much :)

• Developer

For the scenery the FS generated Taxisigns are used (for the temp Update with the new runway), they have no "textures" on the backside.

• 1 month later...

I found out something strange. If I load EPKK Krakow Aerosoft scenery and then Frankfurt, I get the grey textures back. Maybe it happens also if I load other sceneries before, not only EPKK, but why does this happen?

post-19486-0-23011900-1342868397_thumb.j

• Developer

Ok,

have checked that again and yes, seams to be a bug. Please try to replace the BGL in the attached ZIP into the SCENERY Folder of the Mega Airport Frankfurt.

• Upvote 1

Oliver, thank you very much for your prompt reply.

I have tried replacing the file but unfortunately things don't change.

If I save the flight with the correct grey textures, then exit FS and run it again and load that flight, I get again the correct grey textures.

If I exit FS, then run it and create a new flight from EDDF, the signs have a black back.

• Developer

Ok,

next try:

Unzip the BGL of the "Appr into Scenery.zip" into the MAF Scenery Folder

and select that one AF2 File you use out of the "AFX File EDDF into AFD Folder.zip" and replace it in the <FSX>\Aerosoft\AFD\Scenery Folder.

Here I can start FSX with the Free Flight in EDDF and the Texture is shown now.

Appr into Scenery .zip

AFX File EDDF into AFD Folder.zip

• Upvote 1

• Developer

Ok, then it's maybe one of the Bugs in ACC, because with my SP2 I now can't see the issue and have no more ideas what can be done.

i have Acceleration, too and i have not had any problems like this with mega airport frankfurt yet. Have you tried a reinstallation? (Run the installation with Adminrights)

i have Acceleration, too and i have not had any problems like this with mega airport frankfurt yet. Have you tried a reinstallation? (Run the installation with Adminrights)

I tried reinstalling and running as administrator, no change. First I installed v1.04 and everything worked correctly. Then I installed v 1.05 (4th runway update) and the problem came out again, so it is related to the 1.05 update. Do you have v 1.05 installed? If yes, did you try firing up FS and starting a free flight from EDDF? Even in that case you have grey textures in the taxi signs?

Okay i did the following steps (V1.05 installed)

Free Flight (default trike, EDDF active runway nice weather day) loaded, flew around a bit everything ok.

FS closed, started up again. Same situation with the NGX. Taxiied a bit (taxiway n and L ) nothing strange.

Did a flight from eddf to eddm and back--> everything alright...

I cannot see any problem here... Maybe some strange interaction with another addon on your side?

Solved, I reinstalled, then deleted the folder users\myname\AppData\Local\Microsoft\FSX\Shaders, allowing the folder to be automatically rebuilt at FS startup. Now the taxi signs have the grey textured back all the time.

Incredible! It worked perfectly! I even rebooted the computer a couple of times, then tried and everything ok. Then I turned the computer off and came back after 4-5 hours... the problem of the black signs was back!!! :beatcomputer_s: No way to avoid it when loading a flight from EDDF... If I don't want to have those black signs I must first go to another airport, then change the airport back to EDDF :cry_s: