Saanen Airport Swiss Small Airports Part 6 (Kleinflugplätze Schweiz X Teil 6)

werki

Dear all,

I bought Kleinflugplätze Schweiz Teil 6 from Aerosoft because it contains Saanen. Saanen is also the starting point for the Aerosoft Birthday Suprise Mission to Thun and I wanted to make the mission more realistic.

After installing Kleinflugplätze Schweiz Teil 6 and starting the mission, I find that I am locked out. I am on the wrong side of the fence. I cannot take off from Saanen because I cannot get to the airport and on the runway.

There is a railway embankment in the way and I cannot taxi the Maule over it.

So now my Birthday Surprise mission has become unflyable with Saanen installed.

Question:

Is there fairly easy way (which the average flightsimmer can follow) to relocate the mission starting location where the plane sits when starting the mission?

Meaning: How to move the starting location at Saanen over the railway embankment, through the fence?

Hitting "y" and slewing as I can do in the the free flight mode does not work in a mission.

Copying the ".flt", ".wx" files contained in the mission folder into the Free Flight Directory where all .flt, .fssave and .wx files are (directory located in "documents" in Windows7) also does not work, because the flight will not show. Otherwise I could slew the plane in the free flight mode, or just take off and land on Saanen airport, save and use the new .flt file in the mission.

As I said, this does not work as the mission .flt file does not create a flight in the list of loadable flights.

Any help?

Regards

Karl

Dear all,

I bought Kleinflugplätze Schweiz Teil 6 from Aerosoft because it contains Saanen. Saanen is also the starting point for the Aerosoft Birthday Suprise Mission to Thun and I wanted to make the mission more realistic.

After installing Kleinflugplätze Schweiz Teil 6 and starting the mission, I find that I am locked out. I am on the wrong side of the fence. I cannot take off from Saanen because I cannot get to the airport and on the runway.

There is a railway embankment in the way and I cannot taxi the Maule over it.

So now my Birthday Surprise mission has become unflyable with Saanen installed.

Question:

Is there fairly easy way (which the average flightsimmer can follow) to relocate the mission starting location where the plane sits when starting the mission?

Meaning: How to move the starting location at Saanen over the railway embankment, through the fence?

Hitting "y" and slewing as I can do in the the free flight mode does not work in a mission.

Copying the ".flt", ".wx" files contained in the mission folder into the Free Flight Directory where all .flt, .fssave and .wx files are (directory located in "documents" in Windows7) also does not work, because the flight will not show. Otherwise I could slew the plane in the free flight mode, or just take off and land on Saanen airport, save and use the new .flt file in the mission.

As I said, this does not work as the mission .flt file does not create a flight in the list of loadable flights.

Any help?

Regards

Karl

And I have antoher question.

I have "exe.xml" in my Microsoft/FSX folder.

What does it do for me?

Only season switcher?

Regards KARL

Hello Karl,

Are you saying the Mission doesnt start in the correct place as it is, or is just with the 3rd party scenery you have installed.

If it was designed around the default scenery then there may be issues and if the corrct files are not in the mission folder you may not be able to change the start location.

Hello Karl,

Are you saying the Mission doesnt start in the correct place as it is, or is just with the 3rd party scenery you have installed.

If it was designed around the default scenery then there may be issues and if the correct files are not in the mission folder you may not be able to change the start location.

Hi Shaun,

actually I found out by myself, more or less by coincidence, because I read that one can access and change the .PLN files, like you can access and change a .CFG. .

Obviously the mission .FLT puts the Maule in the default location. As I have Switzland Pro installed, it did look strange anyway.

As I wrote, when you install Saanen aiport, bought from Aerosoft, you will be locked out and there is no ticket booth to enter the aiport.

The cure is:

Rename a copy of the .FLT by adding .txt.

Now you can read it.

Find out where your plane should be.

I my case these are the changes:

[GPS_Engine]

Filename=Geburtstagsüberraschung

position=N46° 29.33'15', E7° 15.30'13', +003310.89

and

[simVars.0]

Latitude=N46° 29' 19.7415"

Longitude=E7° 15' 17.9113"

Altitude=+003310003312.89

Pitch=-7.7035868035234376

Bank=0.013158909542493536

Heading=170.56752124909045165

Replace the original flight file (after saving the lot)

And Bingo you are parked right at Saanen airport very nicely.

Took some fiddling around with the coordinates, but this here now is really a beaut so I have to offer my work to the community for others to enjoy who have Saaben from Flylogic.

Cheers Karl