F-16 paint kit - question for the function of some NIGHT-Textures

Dr. Flieger

Hi Aerosoft,

during repainting I couldn't find out the function of the textures "F-16C_1_NIGHT.dds", "F-16C_4_NIGHT.dds", "F-16C_5_NIGHT.dds" and "F-16C_7_NIGHT.dds" that are part of the installation folder "Texture.Thunderbird". Another night texture "F-16C_8_NIGHT.dds" is used when the lights of the aircraft are on.

The named textures without visible function are not part of the paint kit. But that seems not to be a proof, that they are not needed, because another texture, that is required for repainting ("F-16C_7_T.dds" with it's specular and bump counterparts) isn't part of the paint kit too.

Under which circumstances are the named night textures used on the model?

Thanks for your help,

Bruno

The night textures have no function (unfortunately). It was used in beta to show light reflected on the fuselage when the nose wheel light was on. But I believe it was demanding to much of the fps. So it was skipped in the end. The only night-texture that work is for the tail (F-16C_8_NIGHT). Why the others where kept in I'm not sure of, perhaps waiting for an eventual update with working nose wheel light (if it will ever come...)

The night textures have no function (unfortunately). It was used in beta to show light reflected on the fuselage when the nose wheel light was on. But I believe it was demanding to much of the fps. So it was skipped in the end. The only night-texture that work is for the tail (F-16C_8_NIGHT). Why the others where kept in I'm not sure of, perhaps waiting for an eventual update with working nose wheel light (if it will ever come...)

Hello Vincent, thanks - this is what I suspected.

Bruno