please help!!

hello everybody i need help with my autothrottle system because when i press the autothrottle button it just wont work however all other auto systems are ok so please if anyone has an idea let me know

thank's in advance

regards

ibrahim ali

On take-off once you advance your throttles past the climb detent, it is all automatic and on autothrottle, all you would have to do is during climbout reduce the power to the climb detent after putting it in TO/GA or FLEX, so I'm not seeing how you are getting it wrong.......

Unless you are having a problem disconnecting it????

Much more info needed here.

Ok, so you are saying that sitting on the runway, with your Fight Director ON, and you advance the throttle to the last detent, TO/GA, autothrottle does not engage?

There shouldn't be an issue here, unless it is that exact fact that enhancing your throttle to the TO/GA detent does not automatically engage the autothrottle.

Now, the way it should work is if you manually advance the throttle to TO/GA, the autothrottle will automatically engage, you should not have to do ANYTHING with it until you want to disconnect it on approach or when it self-disconnects after an autoland.

You do not need to ever touch the autothrottle button except to manually disengage it. Also, if you follow the given checklists, nowhere on the checklists is autothrottle even mentioned for an action. You should not have to press it.

You aren't giving a lot of information here to help you. You need to explain what phase of flight you're in, and why you would want to push the autothrottle button, as explained you never should have a need to. Either way, do this:

Start another flight, start cold and dark, follow the checklist from the manuals through every line item, taxi to the runway, line-up, and advance the throttles full throttle. DO NOT TOUCH the autothrottle button, at all. It will engage itself when you have fully advanced your throttle. Do that, and if that doesn't work, if the autothrottle does not automatically engage, then something else is wrong.