AES feature request

Guest cptawsom

Guest cptawsom

There are some of us, who apart from having many AES activated airports (and having paid for the equivalent credits), would like to use GSX as well.

So, a feature (either in the GUI, or in a configuration file) that would permit us to enable only the jetway animations in the activated airports, would be nice.

Guest cptawsom

Just disable any doors you want serviced by GSX.

Yes I've read this elsewhere, and I believe it will work, but there may be some peculiarities-quirks for the following reasons:

1. there are 4 groups of extra airports (as far as I know), regarding jetways, and we have to consider their behavior in jets large enough to have two doors in front of the wing:

a. single jetway -> it will go to the second door (but I've seen some airports - few though - that it will go to the first) -> here, AES co-existing with GSX, will not be a problem

b. double jetway -> they will go to the first two doors -> again here, co-existing will not be a problem

c. EHAM special double jetway -> one goes to the second door, and the other goes to the door after the wing (4th door) eg for 747 (I have not tried it with the MD-11 whose 4th door is also the last, I do not know how it will behave there) -> again here, co-existing will not be a problem

d. no jetways or parking on the appron/ramp -> again here, co-existing will not be a problem, although there will be a mixture of staircases -> 1 or 2 or 3 doors from AES and the rear one from GSX

2. OK with the jetways, but what happens with the luggage transports? I assume that if I disable the cargo holds in AES, they will not appear at all? And so it will be fine?

Guest cptawsom

There is also another problem in parking spaces with no jetways:

In the doors remaining AES-enabled (I cannot disable them in AES because I will need them in other airports for the jetways), appear stairs both from AES and from GSX.

Also, on jetway parkings, a GSX stair will also appear on the door(s) that the jetway(s) will service.

Guest cptawsom

In that case, you bring up the GSX menu and select Customize this parking space and tick the necessary boxes to tell GSX what you don't need there.

Yes. Unfortunately this is no solution, because if you count let's say average number of parking spaces per airport is 30, and I have around 40 airports, that gives 1200 parking spaces.

Well, you just edit the parking place you just arrived. It takes 30s and then once done, GSX will relaod the vehicule animation... No need to modify 1200 positions at once....

While we are talking about requests, I would like AES to have this feature to indicate the free parking spots while we request the follow-me vehicule.... Even better, indicating us the free parking spots available for the airlines we fly... That is something really great....

Too often, you request a parking and then at the final turn, discover that the spot you requested is already taken by an AI aircraft....

• 2 weeks later...

Hopefully they will add a guy driving the FMC Container loader. Looks weird with it pulling up to the aircraft with a 'stealth' driver. Also, have the container carts bringing the cargo containers to the aircraft and being loaded and unloaded. Would be sweeeeeeet! :excellenttext_s: