350 members have voted

1. 1. Are you using MS FLIGHT?

• No, never downloaded
    • No, downloaded but removed
    • No, downloaded and still installed but not using it any more
    • Mwahhh.... very rarely
    • Yes, at least once a week
    • Yes, often
  2. 2. Did you buy any add-ons for FLIGHT!

• Aerosoft

As always we like to know what out customers like and how they use simulations. We do like MS FLIGHT! as it is another simulator that increase the choice in our hobby. But we hardly hear any of our customers about it. That's why we put a small poll online. We keep it online for a week and will send out some free products to the people who respond in that period.

• Upvote 1

These types of polls cause me a problem. Second question asks if I bought any add-ons, which I have to answer as No. They gave me the DLC from the beta and unless they were to give me Alaska, I will buy that. Planes without cockpits are not on my purchase list...

• Upvote 1

Entered my opinion! I downloaded it and uninstalled it.

I did download it then uninstalled it, it can't replace FSX, never will, the lack of content and the fact you have to pay for everything now for good quality is a waste, why not just stick with FSX and enjoy the paid products from you guys aswell as the freeware ones.

I didn't even bothered to download it, normally I always give things like this a try, but from what I've read it's nothing for the serious simmer. I have read and heard that it is more something like an arcade game. Maybe it's something for some people but definitely not for me.

Even though FS X has been around for quite a while now , just the fact that I have spent a lot ( - a couple of thousand euro's ) of money on scenery and aircraft add-ons and now have a self built PC that gives me decent frames is the main reason for not buying any DLC for Flight .

I ( and many others I assume ) downloaded the free starter pack , flew some of the missions and binned it . It didn't appeal to me at all, as it resembles an arcade game and not a flight sim ( which Microsoft do not claim either ) .

Also I am more of a repainter than flyer and that aspect of the sim is not available to us ( at this time ) .

Through all the different versions of Flight Simulator , Microsoft has seen that there is more money to be earned through the add-on market than the Sim itself and to be honest I am surprised that it took them so long to rethink their method of bringing Flight onto the market .

There's still life left in FS X and to a certain extent FS 9 and not to forget , with a newly purchased or self built PC FS 9 can be tweaked to resemble FS X and certainly on my system with certain add-ons is even better .

John Glanville

Not even touched it but have been tempted a couple of times.

Bottom line, im very happy with my FSX setup.

With all the addons I've bought from various companies over the past couple of years, Flight isn't even an option for me. I'll probably end up rebuilding my PC sometime next year, and will migrate to P3D if PMDG start officially supporting it. Mind you if FSLabs make their Concorde and 320 P3D compatible, that would also swing it for me!

:excellenttext_s: I like to try different flight sims,play fsx alot awesome,with ms flight sim bought all addons been waiting for helicopters should be a must,missions need to be more challenging very easy good for beginner,but not a beginner so look at missions in fsx,overall still play it would be a bit happier if you put helicopters in it thanks

Well i was skeptical when ms first said it should be more a game then a simulator, and at the same time should be for longtime simmers, but in the end it seem they fogot that part.. i have tryeid it as i voted but i never think it would be my cop of tea.. as now ther is not that big diference between buy a fighting game just to have fun and this except from the missing weapons.. or in other words a typical game just to fly free or mision just to have fun whit the freinds mabee.. sad but thats how i see msflight

I still use FLIGHT for short "just for fun" flights around Hawaii or for some areobatics (ok I´ve tried :mecry_s: ).

For short-field take off and landing training with the Maule I use FLIGHT too, it´s more an adventure as it is in FSX, because you have too seek for the landingstrips wich are fully blended with the surrounding landscape and not as "prominent" placed like the (default) airfields in FSX. And here I see a great drawback as Flight doesn´t support TrackIR.

For "serious" flying I use P3d more and more together with the FTX sceneries. FSX ist still installed but hasn´t been used for weeks now.

• Aerosoft

I didn't even bothered to download it, normally I always give things like this a try, but from what I've read it's nothing for the serious simmer. I have read and heard that it is more something like an arcade game. Maybe it's something for some people but definitely not for me.

You really should try it. If you just fly the aircraft it for sure does not feel like an arcade game.

When it was being developed I looked forward to it. When they offered people the chance of being beta testers I applied to be one. But when it was finally released I got angry because, after so many years supporting the Flight Simulator franchise (I've been with the since Flight Simulator 4), their release was no more than a kid's game for consoles.

I like an airplanes cosole game every now and then (HAWX was fun for a while), but that "Flight" thing is a spit in the face of all the people who had cashed so much money on the saga and waited for a new SIMULATOR. It's offensive and I'm dissapointed.

Many people say that missions in FSX are also gamey... I always tell them that missions in FSX, if well designed, can be as good as a lesson from a professional instructor. The only problem is that very few people has taken the time to develop well structured missions and tend to make them gamey. I like to design my own missions and I always try to recreate real situations. So, in the end, it's up to the designer. (By the way, I have Flight Tales 1 and African Airstrip Adventures and I think those missions are really great.)

Flight is clearly aimed to kids. It doesn't have the desire to be a simulator. You have to dissociate it from its environment to give it the chance to be a simulator for a while (or so I've read online) but, at its heart it is what it is.

I don't want even to acknowledge its existence to Microsoft counting as a user.

So NO. I'm not bothering in downloading it (I save my hard disk space for interesting things) nor buying any DLC since I still have many addons to enjoy in FSX.

When I change I'll do it to Prepar3d with as many of my FSX addons as I'm able to convert.

Removed, not for me. Maybe Flight is more promising then FSX, if there was PMDG aircrafts and aerosoft airports... And possibility to fly online(and I mean VATSIM here)and simulate airliners flights.

Is this thread mean that Microsoft is thinking about changing their policy with addons developers maybe? Anyway, we are happy with FSX for now, It's not the best platform - but there is more to come, microsoft is not the only one

Only just moving off FS9 to FSX so I am not going to start looking at Flight, plus unsure whether it will work with my homebuilt cockpit...

Cheers

Mike

• Upvote 1

• Aerosoft

Is this thread mean that Microsoft is thinking about changing their policy with addons developers maybe?

No that's not the reason for this poll, we were just wondering why after all those posts on all forums nobody seems to discuss it anymore. Of course as we do not aim at FLIGHT at this moment it was to be expected that we would not see a massive amount of people using that sim on our forums, but I find the results so far to be rather surprising. It seems to point to the fact that even people who invested in add-ons are not using it much/often. It would be very useful for us to fully understand why.

It really is a a great sim, but clearly right now not for our customers.

Downloaded it and installed it.

Still starting MS Flight on a regular base, flying the new Icon is nice..

Probably going to buy the add-on package of hawaii.

Still flying with FS9 and FSX more often.. Those simulators have proven there quality

It really is a a great sim, but clearly right now not for our customers.

For me I can answer the question. I´ll use it more often the time I can download Alaska and a Piper (Super)Cub.

I've read the various reviews and concluded that Flight was far too limited. I have not downloaded, even though free, as I do not want it cluttering my hard drive. My interest is primarily airline operations in Europe and I am clearly going to wait a long time for that to be supported, if ever. As to the "game" element I am simply not interested.

Martin Madden

• Upvote 1

Downloaded, still on my computer but don't use it anymore (or maybe once a month).....

Reasons? Very nice, very good fps, not so much an arcade game.... But the main drawback is that the area covered is too limited and after a few hours, free flight with no goal becomes boring.... Add-ons seems very expensive and just to still have a limited area...

So far, the survey indicates that most people did the same.... It is just that Flight is not for us FS9/FSX users.... Now, I just hope for Microsoft that they found a new generation of users because they won't catch a lot of FS9/FSX users.... If not, I have fears that Flight will be a complete fail....

I downloaded the base sim (Big Island and ICON), tried it for some time (freeflight, a few of the missions, the first 1 or 2 aerocaches). As I like GA and am not oposed to sims with limited map area (still have Condor for example, which is 7 years old now), it has the potential to be attractive. However, I think it would need real weather and some aircraft with a bit more system depth. I also have Aerofly FS, which I liked a lot better initally, but also rarely use at the moment.