Airbus X trim question

iPetroSS

I'm not saying it is a problem because I noticed this happens with all airbuses.

I can't understand why the trim resists when I try to rotate it.

It is like the aircraft wants to trim itself and this makes approach and landing a little bit tricky.

I'm not asking you to teach me how to fly airbuses in real life, I just cannot understand the logic of trimming the airbus. :)

Regards,

Peter

It's not like it wants to trim itself. Infact it trimms itself! Thats called autotrim and is an important feature of airbus aircraft. However you should be able to trim on short final and during takeoff as the flight law changes and these features are inhibited in this flight phases.

PS. As a A320 FO i can say that the airbus x really is tricky to land. The reaction to the.pitch sidestick inputs during the approach before the law changes are way to slow and not nearly enough to handle the pitch in a correct way.

• Upvote 2

It's not like it wants to trim itself. Infact it trimms itself! Thats called autotrim and is an important feature of airbus aircraft. However you should be able to trim on short final and during takeoff as the flight law changes and these features are inhibited in this flight phases. PS. As a A320 FO i can say that the airbus x really is tricky to land. The reaction to the.pitch sidestick inputs during the approach before the law changes are way to slow and not nearly enough to handle the pitch in a correct way.

If you have FSUIPC, you can try my alternative FBW: http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/52266-my-alternative-to-aerosoft-fbw-v10-alpha1g-need-fsuipc/. I would love a real world pilot onboard.