PMDG 747-400 X Wobbles after FL230

ben walsh

Hi ,

I have a legit version of PMDG's 747-400X (boxed) and have been using it fine until a few weeks ago....

After takeoff I activated autopilot (F/D , L NAV , V NAV ) The aircraft climbs perfectly till about FL200 then it starts to ''wobble''.

The more alititude the aircraft gains the more it wobbles....

Also its just pitch thats wobbleing not bank.

Any Ideas would be great!

Ben

Both the models 400 and 400f and also whats you MSFSX version and OS ?

Hi , I havent actually tried the 400F but Yes its the 400 and FSX SP2 Gold edition windows 7 64bit

Thanks .

Could you re-install that and try, make it sure that you have the dll in the right section of the pmdg folder and you also have the serial code in your aircraft.cfg.

If not it works please contact pmdg/aerosoft support@aerosoft.com

Think i've found the problem.... I had to do a system restore since i lost a few documents and doing so uninstalled SP2 and i must have forgot to re-install but now it wont install and comming up with another error -.-

Nope still the same issue as i climed past FL280.... :confused_s:

Maybe a screenshot would help.

Are you using real weather or some external weather engine?

What's your aircraft's weight?

• Upvote 1

• Deputy Sheriffs

Over on the PMDG support forum on Avsim, it's been noted that some of the weather add-ons generate wildly inaccurate temps (as in way too high at altitude). As a rule, the standard temperature lapse rate is 2oC/1,000'. Since the standard sea level temp is 15oC, standard freezing level is 7,500 feet. The standard lapse rate holds to 36,000 feet where it's now -56.5oC. From there, the standard temp remains constant.

So, check your outside air temp and see what you get. At 24,000 feet, it should be around -33oC.

A solution for the NGX (and maybe the 747), is to disable turbulence within FSX. Also, ensure that you are entering winds aloft information into your FMC for different waypoints, tutorial #2 that comes with the NGX explains how in detail.

Hello;

What type of program are you using for flight plans,and whats the climb rate,maybe you need to decrease that some,and see what happens,I have both aircraft you mentioned,and I haven't experenced this,yet.I have all my settings maxed out,including turbulance.

Mark

Hello,

never overload the 747 with the PMDG 747-400 FSX Load Manager,

Program the FMC korrekt, the FMC send MSG.

If u set FL400 and the 747 is not ready to climb this high, (Payload to much), the FMC MSG display the Max Altitude (Exp. MAX alt = 23500).

If u Fly higher than the max altitude, it begin to wobble, u can turn off autothrust and toggle speed to max on your Joystick, to reach more speed .

NG

Markus (sorry 4 my english ;) )

Okay thanks guys ill give all the recommended ideas a try! :D the flightplan im using is just http://rfinder.asalink.net/free/ and entering it into the FMC Wingnut... more than likley its the climb im doing wrong so ill try that first. Im just new to using the Vnav since i used to control the speed, climb and decent manually so i thought it would be nice to learn how to use it properly but clearly not haha ill be back in a few hours with an update on what you've all recommended :D thanks

Ben

Thanks Mark, Ill definatly be giving that method of route planning a try! Also ill try and post a video and link it within the next few hours thanks

Ben