Custom Textures

With the new ability to create custom textures for AES, could I be so bold as to ask a texture artist to create an Aer Lingus set for use in Dublin Airport. I'd be extremely grateful...

Perhaps there could be a request thread set up, as I've a feeling requests like these could become common place over the next few weeks by those of us who lack the ability to create accurate texture sets, cluttering up the AES support forum...

Capt. Rónán O Cadhain.

• Upvote 2

I would love to, just completed a Spanair set myself.

Although I think for requests there needs to be a certain template or something.

I haven't been to Dublin Airport in a while and just can't remember which ground handling agency serve Aer Lingus etc. There's so many options we can make while repainting but for example I have no idea which is correct!

Let me know if you want, a few more details about your request. Just pop an aer lingus logo on everything? Is there a particular ground handling agency that you normally see with Aer Lingus?

Then there are buses what do the buses look like? Who provides the catering and fuel? You see I could just slap Aer Lingus logos and DAA on everything but then it wouldn't be realistic! :mallet_s:

Hehe so please let me know a few more details and pictures would be a great tool aswell.

Kind Regards,

Matthew

• Upvote 1

Nice idea, I would love it if someone could spare the time for a British Airways set. The vehicles all seem to follow the same paint scheme:

http://www.airliners...6544a5a668ce989

http://www.ehattons....ts/uk5015_1.JPG

http://www.linde-mh....s_1_456_456.jpg

http://photolibrary....w/CGL00389d.jpg

Thanks,

Chris

I would love to, just completed a Spanair set myself.

Although I think for requests there needs to be a certain template or something.

I haven't been to Dublin Airport in a while and just can't remember which ground handling agency serve Aer Lingus etc. There's so many options we can make while repainting but for example I have no idea which is correct!

Let me know if you want, a few more details about your request. Just pop an aer lingus logo on everything? Is there a particular ground handling agency that you normally see with Aer Lingus?

Then there are buses what do the buses look like? Who provides the catering and fuel? You see I could just slap Aer Lingus logos and DAA on everything but then it wouldn't be realistic! :mallet_s:

Hehe so please let me know a few more details and pictures would be a great tool aswell.

Kind Regards,

Matthew

Catering trucks are EIN, just the exact same as an aircraft,

Baggage and container loaders are akin to the stairs, white with Aer Lingus and a shamrock on the side,

Cleaning vans EIN livery

Stairs are EIN livery

Bowser is typically Shell

Buses if we use them rarely are DAA or we have a few old ones around still I think.

Pushback Tug is EIN colours again.

Water Services Vehical, again EIN colours.

Van:

3252950330_f42c15ce7a.jpg

Stairs;

aghamore-5-85-aer-lingus.jpg

The baggage loaders are practically the same idea, I can't quite find a pic though.

Catering Truck:

screenshot.jpg

DAA Bus

4632694169_13229655d4.jpg

Pushback Truck [if you get the idea]

File0732DesktopResolution.jpg

Few More Pics:

DUB%20Dublin%20Airport%20-%20Aer%20Lingus%20Airbus%20A320%20at%20the%20gate%203008x2000.jpg

6247-1295060788-8.jpg

I know texture artists like to get side on images, but I'm afraid this is the best I can do at short notice.

Thank you so much,

Rónán.

• Upvote 1

That's fantastic thankyou Rónán. Not to worry about side on views it's not necessary. I will get on it when I can!

Chris that's great many thanks for pics and Jeffrey too!

Might actually open a new topic for repaint requests:

watch this space!

Uli thanks for your observation. Particularly in this case I designed the Spanair catering trucks to fit just with it's sized fleet and didn't expect the Spanair fleet to use larger catering trucks.

I did make larger textures in case somebody had a bigger plane but quite clearly that hasn't turned out very well! :mallet_s:

I've found the problem now thanks for letting me know and will update it A.S.A.P!

• Upvote 2