Problem with autoland

Hello everyone, it's my first post so go easy on me, I found a thread on this but nothing really cleared it up,

So, I absolutely love the airbus x and everything about it! However, I'm having some troubles with autoland. No matter what I try (I've tried a bunch of stuff with a ton of different variables with different speeds, altitudes, routes, etc.) I can't get the approach button to click so that I will go down the glideslope. Let me go through my process of getting ready for landing. I find my course heading and ILS frequency of the runway ATC tells me I'm landing on (I use FSX ATC with an IFR flight plan) and I put it into the appropriate section (rad/nav I believe) on the MCDU. When I get closer to the runway I see the airport and distance to it on one of my displays, I forget what it's called. I hit the loc button as I approach the runway (as well as the ILS button on autopilot of course) and my plane aligns up with the runway perfectly. Then, I start to approach the glideslope. I've tried above it, at it, and just below it, I can't get the approach button to click so that I will be guided down to the runway. Like I said I've tried many things. Is there something I'm missing?

Thank you so much everyone! Please include links if there's something I need to do, I'm new here!

Help is very much appreciated,

Cvbcbcmv

Hm, i have never seen that the APPR button does not work. Did you load the flight using the default Cessna 172 before selecting the AirbusX ?

Wait, I think I may have figured something out. I didn't realize this on my next try until I was way too above the glideslope but I may have figured out something. When taking off, obviously my throttle is in TO/GA zone but then shortly after takeoff while still at full thrust I activate autopilot and athr and everything, but technically the throttle is still in TO/GA mode. I tried reducing it and my approach button worked. hang on while I try another flight, fingers crossed!

Lol, glad you could sort it out. And now you even know what that flashing "LVR CLB" message on the PFD was supposed to mean... ;)

I always wondered that! What does it mean? Hang on, let me use my good friend google. Thrust levers not aligned, ah.

Hey guys quick but off topic question, how do you fly in low visibility (like practically none)? I have REX 2.0 if you do it in that. I can't figure it out.

EDIT: So, I figured out how in FSX (just flew a successful fight with autoland in it btw) but since REX generates its own clouds when I get above the clouds it turns into regular cumulus clouds. How can I set rex up to go properly with it?

I also have REX but I've never used the weather themes there.

To get zero visibility:

Don't start the REX weather engine

Use the Custom/Advanced weather settings in FSX

If you google for it, i think you will find some instructions. But the settings should be self-explanatory anyway