AES remote

Hi Oliver, just a quick question. I was wondering if it possible to use AES remote with dynamic IP turned on and using a set TCP/IP port?

Using Aivlasoft's EFB, I have dynamic IP turned on and the IP addresses of both the host and remote PC are automatically identified, and the system connects. Is it possible for AES remote to do the same, instead of having to manually configure the IP addresses each time I start FS?

Thanks for such a great product

Chris

• Developer

No sorry,

but I could not implement this at the moment. First problem is, that the Vistamare modules at the Host needs to be set the IP in the ini. Here I can talk to the developer of the modules, if it is possible to assign this dynamicaly to the active Networkinterface (as long as only one is active).

For the client, I have the problem, how I can identify the IP of the Host, here I am not so deep in the network protocols.

Don't you have the chance to configure your DHCP Server to assign fix Addresses to the MAC? Or increase the lease time, so that the DHCP Server will assign the same IP next day.

Thanks for the reply Oliver, I'll try your suggestions. As I say, it's not a problem, I was just wondering if it was possible!

I don't know how the guys at Aivlasoft managed to create their system, I hate trying to network things, it seems that even when you have everything correctly configured in a network, something else always manages to go wrong!

Thanks again,

Chris