Alaska Missions fro Twotter (don't load)

le con

I have just purchased the 10 Alaska missions for the Twin Otter. These come with 5 new models of this beautiful aircraft.

After many tries, I have only succeeded ONCE in loading the first mission.

Normally, I just get a crash of FSX as it is trying to load. I have downloaded what I believe is a patch (Twotter104b) but this makes no difference.

I don't know if the following will help anyone understand what is (not) happening:

I have attempted to load the new planes that come with the Missions in free flight mode. Normally, I will first load one of the previous Twin Otters, with no problem. But changing aircraft to one of the new models, I get (almost) a crash. By that I mean, the programme sticks, for several minutes, until I "end flight", but also once I managed to get the new plane to appear functional.

It would appear that the problem lies with loading the new aircraft, which may, in turn, prevent loading the missions... I also get this (enclosed message) which says: "Oh no, that's not the right aircraft!"

Could someone help ?

I have attempted to take up the problem directly with Aerosoft... but realised I was wasting my time trying to find how to reach them.

Sorry for the moan. :chairfall_s:

Satisfied. :boohoo_s:

• Aerosoft

The message about it not being the right aircraft indicates that there is some mixup in the aircraft. The error is generated by our sound module and is given when the sound module loads in an aircraft it does not belong to. Now manually trying to solve this will be hard, so I suggest that you remove the mission pack and the Twotter using the control panel applet. Then see if there are any Twotter folders left in the Aircraft directory.

Then install the Twotter again. If you got the download version just get the latest one from your order history, it will not need any patches. Then install the mission pack. Pretty sure all will work fine then, but do let me know if there is a problem okay?

Thanks, Mathijs.This narrows down the problem

In fact, I had already done a reinstall but it didn't seem to help. I'll try again, of course.

Since we are talking about this sound issue, there is something I cannot work out, having only noticed this "AeroSound" folder yesterday. It seems to hang in the sound folder. Is this the way it works ? I have to say that I have used the Twotter (happily) for over two years without noticing this and the sound seemed fine.

When I re-install again, should I just ignore this, assuming it's an automatic install of the AeroSound ?

I'll let you know.

Pardon me, just a quickie:

I went to my account to re-download, as you suggested, the twin otter pack (mine was from 2008, how time flies !) At the same time, I thought of effecting another Luka download (which I had missed after previous computer failure, etc.)

What my surprise to note that I have to pay you £10 in order to do this, when it says that I have 19 downloads left for those packages. :confused_s:

Could you please clarify this for me ?

Thanks !

• Aerosoft

Pardon me, just a quickie:

I went to my account to re-download, as you suggested, the twin otter pack (mine was from 2008, how time flies !) At the same time, I thought of effecting another Luka download (which I had missed after previous computer failure, etc.)

What my surprise to note that I have to pay you £10 in order to do this, when it says that I have 19 downloads left for those packages. :confused_s:

Could you please clarify this for me ?

Thanks !

I believe I have just answered that by email.

We would NEVER charge you to download the products you bought. What you see is a charge that the shop you bought them at charges you to download older products. Some shops do this, but it is not clear to me why (it seems just not very customer friendly, even if it would save some bandwidth). Most certainly we do not get any of this money. I can only advise you to check when you buy a product if the shop you are in does something like this. At our shop you can download as often as you like and even if it is year later it will still be there for you. Without cost.

So to be 100% clear, we are not charging you, we do not get any of this money.

Yes, Mathijs, this is all a result of my confusion as to where I had bought your product. I thought I had used your facilities when I had not.

And now I regret, having done a bit of reasearch and heard from everyone how good your customer service is.

Perhaps you could tell me if the version of the Twin Otter I hold (2008) is good enough to sort out the problem.

(I have emailed you separately.)

I have a similar problem with the twin Otter mission pack.

Last weekend I read a review of the Twin Otter mission pack, which I liked, so I bought the Twotter pack and the mission pack, both of which I assume are the latest versions (bought by download from FSpilot shop).

Once installed if I try to run some missions I get the "Oh no, wrong aircraft" message while other missions do not start as missions at all, just as flights.

That is if you click on "fly now" on the briefing screen you are taken to the aircraft but there is no ATC contact and if you try to exit you are not taken back to the briefing screen as you should be.

I have tried reinstalling after a diligent and deep uninstall of anything to do with the Twotters or missions, a few times, and the result is the same.

Very frustrating and unsatisfactory.

Is there an obvious fix for this or should I just forget the missions?

FSX Acceleration, 4.6Ghz CPU, 580GTX GPU, 8Gb DDR3 ram, Windows 7 64bit

• Aerosoft

First of all I suggest removing both products and installing both again. You will not need updates if you got the latest versions, that should be the only one offered for download at all shops.

Don't forget the missions, they are great fun.

First of all I suggest removing both products and installing both again. You will not need updates if you got the latest versions, that should be the only one offered for download at all shops.

Don't forget the missions, they are great fun.

Thanks Mathijs, for your help.

I have completely uninstalled and reinstalled both the twin Otters and the mission pack at least four times in an attempt to cure this problem.

I downloaded a different (I dont know if it is later) sound file from the Aerosoft update site which seems to have cured the "Oh no wrong plane" message..surely this should not be right as I only bought/downloaded the packs a few days ago from the FSpilot shop. They would only be able to sell the latest, I would have thought?

It has not cured the fact that only the first and last of the Twotter missions work as missions ie there is no ATC chatter or compass etc and no briefing screen if I try to exit the mission, although there is a briefing screen at the beginning of each mission.

I would like to get them working but I have spent two whole afternoons trying and getting nowhere, and I generally do know what I am doing with FS and computers, but I am a bit stumped now.

• Aerosoft

Thanks Mathijs, for your help.

I have completely uninstalled and reinstalled both the twin Otters and the mission pack at least four times in an attempt to cure this problem.

I downloaded a different (I dont know if it is later) sound file from the Aerosoft update site which seems to have cured the "Oh no wrong plane" message..surely this should not be right as I only bought/downloaded the packs a few days ago from the FSpilot shop. They would only be able to sell the latest, I would have thought?

It has not cured the fact that only the first and last of the Twotter missions work as missions ie there is no ATC chatter or compass etc and no briefing screen if I try to exit the mission, although there is a briefing screen at the beginning of each mission.

I would like to get them working but I have spent two whole afternoons trying and getting nowhere, and I generally do know what I am doing with FS and computers, but I am a bit stumped now.

So am I actually. What version of FSX you got? SP2, Gold or Accelerated?

I am running Acceleration.

I have again completely removed the Twotter pack and Missions pack and reinstalled.

On their own the Twotters install and run without trouble.

After installing the mission pack, the "new" mission Twotters will not run, in a mission or not, without the "wrong plane" message being displayed.

This can be fixed by running the sound update downloaded from Aerosoft, but this should not be required as I only bought the mission pack a few days ago.

Only the first and last missions work as missions. The others load with a briefing screen but do not proceed as missions.

I have tried everything I can think of, so I think that is as much time as I can spend on it.

I am running Acceleration. I have again completely removed the Twotter pack and Missions pack and reinstalled. On their own the Twotters install and run without trouble. After installing the mission pack, the "new" mission Twotters will not run, in a mission or not, without the "wrong plane" message being displayed. This can be fixed by running the sound update downloaded from Aerosoft, but this should not be required as I only bought the mission pack a few days ago. Only the first and last missions work as missions. The others load with a briefing screen but do not proceed as missions. I have tried everything I can think of, so I think that is as much time as I can spend on it.

The sound update is required to remove as you say the "Wrong Aircraft" message.