Frankfurt-Hahn X comment to Mathijs

ArtAir

Hello Mathijs,

As promised by Tiziana Frankfurt-Hahn project should be released for FS9/FSX and x-plane. We are still waiting this airport for FS9, but still no response from developers. So, please confirm that project for FS9 is not dead.

Thanks

Hello Mathijs,

As promised by Tiziana Frankfurt-Hahn project should be released for FS9/FSX and x-plane. We are still waiting this airport for FS9, but still no response from developers. So, please confirm that project for FS9 is not dead.

Thanks

I'll see what I can find out.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Mr. Kok,

.............., but you have to keep in mind that FS2004 products have a very limited market, certainly for these smaller airports.

excuse me when I am saying this but in my eyes it is abslolute nonsense what you saying. If there is a limited market for such small airports than it is as limited for FSX than it is for FS9. The market for EDDF is as limited as for EDDL and so on. If you buy Düsseldorf then you also buy Hahn or Friedrichshafen. So people who are interested in German Airports buying all of them or none of them. The support for FS9 is still a political thing at Aerosoft and I know your opinion about FS9 vs FSX but it doesn't matter for me as I stay with FS9 anyways. If there were a limited market for FS9 in general Aerosoft already stopped supporting this sim with new products long time ago.

Anyways, good to hear it is still planed and might be comming.

• Upvote 1

people who are interested in German Airports buying all of them or none of them

Hey, Bodo, you have generalized a bit too much. ;)

I have EDDF, EDDM, EDDT, EDDH, EDDK, EDDP and EDNY and don't plan to buy the others available at the moment (priorities, priorities).

Also there are people from further away, possibly from outside Europe. They don't have much feeling with these small regional airports. I can understand they buy the big ones like Frankfurt and Munich as a destination for their long-haul flights, but why would they spend money on an airfield they've never even heard of? No, these regional airports are mostly for the European market while the larger airports are for the world market.

• Aerosoft

Hello Mr. Kok,

excuse me when I am saying this but in my eyes it is abslolute nonsense what you saying. If there is a limited market for such small airports than it is as limited for FSX than it is for FS9. The market for EDDF is as limited as for EDDL and so on. If you buy Düsseldorf then you also buy Hahn or Friedrichshafen. So people who are interested in German Airports buying all of them or none of them. The support for FS9 is still a political thing at Aerosoft and I know your opinion about FS9 vs FSX but it doesn't matter for me as I stay with FS9 anyways. If there were a limited market for FS9 in general Aerosoft already stopped supporting this sim with new products long time ago.

Anyways, good to hear it is still planed and might be comming.

Well sir, we beg to differ and we do so based on hard data, sales data, marketing data, download numbers etc. I wonder where you base you qualification 'abslolutre nonsense' on. How many FSX products have you sold? How many FS2004 numbers have you sold? I mean we sold many hundreds of thousands so I think we got a pretty good idea of the market.

• Upvote 3

• Aerosoft

Also there are people from further away, possibly from outside Europe. They don't have much feeling with these small regional airports. I can understand they buy the big ones like Frankfurt and Munich as a destination for their long-haul flights, but why would they spend money on an airfield they've never even heard of? No, these regional airports are mostly for the European market while the larger airports are for the world market.

And for these large airports, sold world wide there is a FS2004 market large enough to work for.

Guest cptawsom
So people who are interested in German Airports buying all of them or none of them.

I don't think so.

Take me for example. I bought German Airports 3 2012 for FSX, just because of Berlin-Tegel and Hamburg (I've been to both of these airports as a passenger, in the past), but I was not interested in the other three airports. In fact, I had never even heard (and did not their geographical place on the map) of Paderborn-Lipstat and Lubeck (and I wouldn't have known even Bremen if it wasn't for its football team).

So, if I bought Tegel and Hamburg separately, that would have come to €18+€18=€36. Now GA3-2012-FSX is at €40, so for an extra €4, I had three more airports -> not bad at all.

Guest cptawsom

Not just for the world market, but for a large portion of the european too.

Again take me for example, and your country (Netherlands).

I live in Greece, a member of EU, and so the only reason I know Maastricht, is because a large portion of EU legislation was agreed there, some years ago.

Or for Rotterdam, I wouldn't have known it, if it wasn't such a large port (and because of its football team).

• Aerosoft

I don't think so.

Take me for example. I bought German Airports 3 2012 for FSX, just because of Berlin-Tegel and Hamburg (I've been to both of these airports as a passenger, in the past), but I was not interested in the other three airports. In fact, I had never even heard (and did not their geographical place on the map) of Paderborn-Lipstat and Lubeck (and I wouldn't have known even Bremen if it wasn't for its football team).

So, if I bought Tegel and Hamburg separately, that would have come to €18+€18=€36. Now GA3-2012-FSX is at €40, so for an extra €4, I had three more airports -> not bad at all.

Just for fun I checked the database, about 45% of the sales of German Airport/ Airfield/Region is done to people outside Germany and they bought on average 2,6 product.

And those people outside Germany are mostly people from within Europe I assume. If you look at how many people from outside Europe buy the products you specify, I'm pretty sure that'll be a lot less. But if you look at the same results for the German Mega Airports (Frankfurt and Munich) you see very different numbers.

• Aerosoft

And those people outside Germany are mostly people from within Europe I assume. If you look at how many people from outside Europe buy the products you specify, I'm pretty sure that'll be a lot less. But if you look at the same results for the German Mega Airports (Frankfurt and Munich) you see very different numbers.

Well we honestly believe that at least 70% of all potential customers for FS add-ons are in Europe these days. Asia is wiped out a few years ago in regards to serious sims and the US is an ever declining market because the boxed distribution is nearly impossible.

...and the US is an ever declining market because the boxed distribution is nearly impossible.

I guess most US simmers buy the products directly at the developers homepage because of the high costs of shipping..

• Aerosoft

I guess most US simmers buy the products directly at the developers homepage because of the high costs of shipping..

Well yes, but keep in mind we handle a lot of those orders as well and we ship from within the US. There just are not that many development teams in the US left and those that are there tend to do one one product every two years. Big products but in the big scheme of things not indicative of the market.

• Deputy Sheriffs

So people who are interested in German Airports buying all of them or none of them.

I agree with post #10. My primary consideration is that Germany is the only country I'm aware of that has a truly comprehensive FSX world. Starting with the four VFR Germany products, there's also the German Airfield level products for the little strips, the German Airport products for the busier large air carrier destinations and the Mega Airport products for the big international hubs. Plus other interesting add-ons like German Landmarks and AES coverage.

While the US (where I fly in real life as well as in FSX) finally has decent wide-area coverage with the superb Orbx products and their several exceptional small airports, there's not the cost effective coverage you get with the German Airfields on a $/airport level. Then, the big airports like Seattle and Portland are non-existant and probably will be for a long time, with only a decent Vancouver to represent them. There's just not a lot of offerings in the middle like the German Airports series. Eventually, Orbx, will move south and then SFO-X and KLAX will have suitable surroundings, plus I have high hopes for the LA coverage and of course Van Nuys, but all those are still in the future. Not today, like Germany.

Finally, while I have many German Airfields and German Airports, I don't have them all, not do I intend to acquire them all. I have the mix I want for the dollars spent. I've pretty much built out my Germany, and except for probably Berlin Brandenburg, I will probably not do anything else there.

Just one simmer's viewpoint

• 3 weeks later...

Hello,

I am A Fs9 user, and I also bought many single airports from aerosoft recently (among them also medium or small size airports - EDNY, EDDS, EDHL).

I'm very disapointed to see, that FSX airports like Hahn or Egelsbach, that allready were anounced to be converted for Fs9, are caught into question again! I was looking forward to those airports, as especially those smaller airports are very interesting to me, and frankly spoken, am I the only potential customer??

I only hope that the Fs9 conversion for both of these airports will not be canceled.

Regards