Seahawk/Jayhawk Shipyard V2 Problem

mackayw

I am trying to place the LHD4. I can create the KML file, and can successfully do all the remaining steps in Shipyard V2 that are called out in the Manual (V.2), BUT - when I save my new title (in the Aerosoft_ship\Scenery folder), the final screen is replaced with the previous screen. When I try to "X' out of that screen, I get a "not responding" alert, and I have to escape by using my task manager. No new File is found in the Shipyard 2 folder. What am I doing wrong?? I am using FSX acceleration and Win7 (64 bit). Bill

Where did you install the FSX SDK? Did you install it as Administrator? If you did, do you have it set to "run as administrator"? Do you have the shipyard tool to "run as administrator"?

Those are the most obvious ones that pop into my mind at present.

In addition to what James said, did you have your anti-virus software turned off during the installation? This actually matters with this product, I had McAfee when I installed the Seahawk a few years ago, and had similar issues. That, in addition disabling UAC and running the installation and program as the administrator as James said might do the trick, it did for me. If it comes to it, just uninstall and reinstall doing these things throughout the installation.

Another option is trying to save the new file in a new folder on your desktop, naming it, filling out the required Nav info, then copying it to the .../Scenery folder.