Gibraltar ILS ?

I have the FSX version of LXGB, everything looks great. However there are no working ILS radio frequencies for either runway. Is there suppose to be? Even my prior freeware versions had 108.50 for rwy 27.This is a tough target to hit in the fog. texerrn

Only Radar App followed by a visual is avail, that's fully correct.

Think visibility of 5km is needed to land at Gibraltar... Maybe google for "LXGB charts"

Gibraltar is very nice AND interesting to land :)

• 1 month later...

Hello Gents,

I'm an air traffic controller here at Gibraltar, There is no ILS Approach in Gibraltar due to a restriction zone to the west avoiding an ILS approach to be installed, thats why the approach for 09 is made on a very sharp right base on the west as you can see here: http://www.virtualiroma.it/eventi/NEURO_GIBILT/lxgb.pdf (page 4). However, if there is less than 5KM overall visibility an SRA approach is to be expected, if not a visual approach will be enforced. Pilots can also have an SRA approach upon request.

don't hessitate to contact me if you want any more info at my airfield; emailryancastle'at'gmail.com

Warm Regards,

Ryan Castle