Mega Airport Zurich X

lonewulf47

Gentlemen, I wonder a bit that nobody has ever noticed a major shortcoming on this airport: ALL ILS-DME distances are WRONG as the DME's are placed at the localizer antenna instead onf the GP antenna. Therefore the DME distance at touchdown DOES NOT read ZERO as it should. All four ILS' are affected by this bug! I didn't check on other airports but I'm afraid that this bug is present on other airports too as it is a common misunderstanding.

Oskar

Uhmm, yes Bruce, I'm definitely sure :D . LSZH Zurich is my home airport and I've done a few thousand IFR landings here and furthermore I'm working now for a company that produces route-manuals for airlines. I can tell you that all four ILS-DME's are reading ZERO at the touchdown-point (0.2 NM after THR). I have checked the AF2 files and they indeed show all four DME's at the LOC position. Yes, I'm definitely sure about that, don't worry :bow_down2_s:

Oskar