OSM2XP - Traumlandschaften auf Knopfdruck

In der linken Menüleiste (A) klickst du auf das Kreuz, dann ziehst du ein Rechteck auf und anschliessend wählst du rechts in den Eigenschaften Facades aus. ( B ) Exportierst die Szenerie (Speichern allein reicht nicht) und das sollte es dann gewesen sein, mit den ungebetenen Gebäuden auf dem Flugplatz

wed001.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

My German writing is at least to say not too good, so I try in English.

I downloaded the europe OSM scenery package and put it in the customscenery folder with the name zzzeurope. The scenery perfectly shows up in X-plane but there is an issue with the airports Zurich and Lugano which I purchased from Aerosoft.

The OSM buildings are also on the ramp of these airports and show up inside other buildings as well. I tried to define some exclusion zones in WED for Facades which worked nicely for the OSM buildings but unfortunately the airport buildings in the Zurich/Lugano package disappear as well.

Am I doing something wrong by defining the exclusiion zones or is it just not possible for these airport packages to solve this?

Hope somebody can help me out as I want to keep the OSM AND the very nice Aerosoft airport as well.

Answering in German language is OK as I can read german very well.

Regards,

Lizz

My German writing is at least to say not too good, so I try in English.

I downloaded the europe OSM scenery package and put it in the customscenery folder with the name zzzeurope. The scenery perfectly shows up in X-plane but there is an issue with the airports Zurich and Lugano which I purchased from Aerosoft.

The OSM buildings are also on the ramp of these airports and show up inside other buildings as well. I tried to define some exclusion zones in WED for Facades which worked nicely for the OSM buildings but unfortunately the airport buildings in the Zurich/Lugano package disappear as well.

Am I doing something wrong by defining the exclusiion zones or is it just not possible for these airport packages to solve this?

Hope somebody can help me out as I want to keep the OSM AND the very nice Aerosoft airport as well.

Answering in German language is OK as I can read german very well.

Regards,

Lizz

Hi Liz

I'd say your idea of exclusion is not wrong, but the OSM2XP data should be "under" the airport files. Could you try to change the name of the folder 'zzzeurope' to something what is in alphabetical order prior the Airport scenery?

Hallo lizz,

zur Zeit ist es leider kaum möglich, nur die OSM Gebäude in Zürich zu "excluden". Das liegt an der Programmiertechnik, die in Lugano und Zürich angewandt werden musste (der WED ist ja noch im Beta Status).

Wir kennen das Problem aber und versuchen, eine Lösung zu finden.

Trotzdem: Wäre es möglich, dass Du einmal ein Bild postest?

Es ist aber auf jeden Fall richtig, die OSM Scenery im Ordner "Custom Scenery" unter den Aerosoft Airports zu platzieren.

Wenn die OSM Scenery über dem Airport liegt, dann werden alle Airport Gebäude nicht sichtbar sein.

Gruß

Hi Heinz, Premek,

Thanks for answering these questions.

This evening I will try to change the name of the europe folder to e.g. 1europe assuming that it then will load before the aerosoft airport.

I also will post a picture of both situations so it becomes more clear what the problem is.

Would it be possible to exlude the areas already in OSM and/or OSM2Xplane, or maybe one have to 'convert around' an existing airport when processing OSM data.

Best regards,

Lizz

Liz

I confused myself - your order was OK (putting OSM Facades to folder called "zzzeurope") see here - http://wiki.x-plane....ion&redirect=no

But what I realized there was one more thing which you probably didn't - to put an "Exclude" DSF file in between the Zurich DSF and OSM Facades DSF.

The "Exclude" DSF is just empty DSF including only excludes (those types you need - so facades in our case).

And the order should looks like this (sorted alphabetically):

A - Zurich scenery's DSF

B - Exclude DSF

C - OSM2XP Facades DSF

Hope this helps.

Hallo Premek,

bei mir hat´s funktioniert, vielen Dank! Mir war das Problem vorher gar nicht so aufgefallen. Erst seit ich das große Europapaket hier aus dem Forum installiert hatte. Vorher hatte ich die fertigen Länderpakete von osm2xp benutzt. Anscheinend werden dort weniger Gebäude abgebildet?

Gruß,

Anton

Hi

Tnx for the help, I tried to rename the folder to 1europe but by doing this all Aerosoft scenery disappears, so indeed zzzeurope is the way to go.

I'm afraid that I don't knnow how to create an 'empty' DSF file, could you explain this a bit how to do this in WED.

Heinz asked me to post some images here of what happens, I made these images but I don't know how to attached them to this post :confused_s:

regards,

Lizz

Hi Lizz,

I try to explain how I did it.

After starting wed select "new scenery package" then choose a name wich will place the package in alphabetical ordner between the aerosoft scenery and osm2xp (e.g. y_exclude). Then open this scenery package.

From the menu "file" select "import apt.dat". Navigate to the desired scenery (e.g. Aerosoft - LSZH Zuerich Airport) and select the apt.dat in the subfolder Earth nav data. If the airport does not appear in the scratchpad select "zoom package" from the menu "view".

Then click on the red "X" in the toolbar on the left side of the scratchpad. Draw a rectangle around the area where you wish to exclude osm objects. Finally, select the vertex mode (white arrow in the upper left of the toolbar) and click on the rectangle to select it. Now you can choose the type of exclusion in the right lower window: activate facades.

Save the scenery package and don´t forget to select "Export Scenery Pack" from the "file" menu. This will create the *.dsf

I can post some screenshots tomorrow if you still have problems.

Regards,

Anton

Hi Guys, thanks for your great help.

This evening I will try to follow Anton's method, should be no problem....

I will report the results back here.

regards,

Lizz

Update: Es hat geklaptt, or how do you say 'it works' in German.

I just followed Anton's procedure and it works perfectly, no OSM buildings that protrude the Aerosoft scenery anymore. This is one step closer to more reality, altough the OSM system works fine it is by far not perfect but it adds a lot of atmosphere and depth to the X-plane 10 world. Especially at night cities and villages just look better from some height.

Thanks again guys!!!

Freundlichen gruBen,

Lizz

Hallo,

das freut mich, dass es geklappt hat... or "that it now works" ... :)

Hier ein kleine Anweisung, wie man Bilder ins Forum postet (lizz):

Im Reply auf "Use Full Editor" klicken. Dort gibt es dann den Button "Click to attach files". Darauf klicken. Im sich öffnenden Explorer Fenster das gespeicherte Bild suchen und öffnen.

Dann auf "Add to Post" (Rechts im Reply Fenster) klicken und dann auf "Add Reply" (Unten mitte , Schwarzer Button).

Bitte möglichst Bilder im jpg Format verwenden. Sonst sind sie zu groß und können nicht gepostet werden..

Gruß

I'm just playing around by converting some OSM files myself.

e.g. I downloaded the Netherlands from the Geofabrik as they write that these files always are up to date.

I installed the required Java version and the latest version of OSM2XP.

While converting the OSM file for netherlands I always get the error below while converting som tiles. OSM2XP continues and even generate the scenery but using it then in X-plane causes a crash when flying.

It seems to be related to the amount of required memory. I see the mem usgae in OSM2XP increase near the max btw.

Hope somebody can help.

Regards,

Lizz

post-53901-0-33189400-1341057527.jpg

Hallo lizz,

solche Fehler passieren manchmal beim Konvertieren. Liegt warscheinlich an der Java Engine. Die ist nicht sehr effektiv im Umgang mit dem Speicher. Der läuft leicht einmal über, wenn das nicht gut programmiert ist.

Die Szenerie sollte allerdings keinen Crash in X-Plane verursachen. Dann scheinen dort noch mehr Fehler aufgetreten zu sein.

Eventuell mal in der Log.txt oder crash_log.txt nachschauen (beide im X-Plane 10 Hauptverzeichnis).

Christian (Topic Open Street) hat einmal ganz Europa konvertiert und uns die Datei zum Download angeboten.

http://forum.aerosof...et/page__st__40 (Post51)

Da ist ja Netherlands mit enthalten. Vielleicht einmal diese Datei ausprobieren, um zu schauen, ob der Crash dann nicht kommt.

Ich habe die Europa Datei installiert und alles läuft bis jetzt gut....

Gruß