Release Date for AES NG or AES2.22

Hello a question for Oliver Please,

Oliver do you do all the AES updates on your own or do you have a team of people under your command via Aerosoft? If you are still doing this single handed then is there a plan for an AES team due to the current demand?

The main reasons I am asking is because the demand for AES is extremely high and with all the airport sceneries being created could it be possible for a better system to be designed in order to inform AES fans (customers) of all planned updates, either exact or roughly. Surely this would decrease the number of "when is the next update?" threads being created. Just an Idea but I am also interested in the way AES is maintained day to day.

Thanks

James

• Upvote 1

Hello a question for Oliver Please,

Oliver do you do all the AES updates on your own or do you have a team of people under your command via Aerosoft? If you are still doing this single handed then is there a plan for an AES team due to the current demand?

The main reasons I am asking is because the demand for AES is extremely high and with all the airport sceneries being created could it be possible for a better system to be designed in order to inform AES fans (customers) of all planned updates, either exact or roughly. Surely this would decrease the number of "when is the next update?" threads being created. Just an Idea but I am also interested in the way AES is maintained day to day.

Thanks

James

VERY good question James.. But I'm sure that Oliver is working alone on this one :-(

I definitely don't want to know, it'll spoil the lovely surprise

A valid point. Actually people asking 'when' do not want to know 'when' (what if they are told 'next year'? does it satisfy them?).

They are simply showing their impatience, hoping to influence the developer's efforts and have the product out as fast as possible.

That behaviour is as old as hills even though it simple doesn't work in 99% of cases because it will not be released until it is done. ;)

• Upvote 1

A valid point. Actually people asking 'when' do not want to know 'when' (what if they are told 'next year'? does it satisfy them?).

They are simply showing their impatience, hoping to influence the developer's efforts and have the product out as fast as possible.

That behaviour is as old as hills even though it simple doesn't work in 99% of cases because it will not be released until it is done. ;)

Rafal I agree but if you read my question above.

I do not see any harm in there being some sort of system giving the customer a rough or accuarate idea as to when it will be released, And more importantly showing what new airports will have AES. I think demand for AES dictates that a system like this be put into use. It would also cut the repetative threads being created which Oliver loves so much :mecry_s:

Oliver or someone from Aerosoft, Is there any chance of my previous question being answered please? Its rude to ignore and like many others I am a loyal paying customer.

Kind Regards

James

• Upvote 1

I do not see any harm in there being some sort of system giving the customer a rough or accuarate idea as to when it will be released

Of course, James, I see no harm at all either.

But we must remember that some developers do it and others (most) don't.

And we have no choice but to understand and accept it as it is.

Its rude to ignore

IMHO it is not rude since they have never and nowhere promised us to give release dates and/or answer all questions.

I think it could be rude not to deliver something paid for or to deliver faulty stuff.

To be clear: Just like you, I would also love to get a new AES version with new airports supported.

But I will wait and use the dozens I already have. ;)

To spoil the fun for you guys, I just wanna let you know Oliver announced in the German part of this forum that he hopes to release the next version of AES in approximately 10 days.