Removing tint from windows.

Hi guys,

I tried the search function with no success.

I'm just starting to learn this aircraft so I don't know if this has been already asked...

Is it possible to remove the tint from the windows?

Thank you,

David DD

Otto,

The windows are slightly tinted to the blue-green, slightly darker than a clear cockpit window. You can see the difference when you open the canopy. Nothing bad or annoying and I never bothered to modify this myself... - so I can't offer a solution.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Otto,

The windows are slightly tinted to the blue-green, slightly darker than a clear cockpit window. You can see the difference when you open the canopy. Nothing bad or annoying and I never bothered to modify this myself... - so I can't offer a solution.

OK, as I always use special sunglasses I was not aware of this. ;)

But maybe he should just leave the canopy opened and then there is no tint. But not sure how the Kat will behave during flight in such a case. :D

The real aircraft has just such a tint. Why wold you buy such a realistic model, then wish to make it less realistic..?

I don't see the logic?

Play with a toy Carenado, they allow you to switch off the window tint.

But then try removing the pilot... :glare_s:

@ Simon,

if you have a solution fine but if you feel obligated to open your mouth then please refrain! I could have lived without your comment!

Second I fly the aircraft I myself decide to buy!

Thanks for nothing...

@ Simon,

if you have a solution fine but if you feel obligated to open your mouth then please refrain! I could have lived without your comment!

Second I fly the aircraft I myself decide to buy!

Thanks for nothing...

:excellenttext_s:

The \SimObjects\Airplanes\Diamond DA20-100 'Katana'\texture folder holds all textures for the basic model. Maybe grab some freeware graphics program and look for the window texture. Edit it and save it in the DDS format. I like the current windows, but editing isn't forbidden or impossible of course.

Do you know Alan 'Chock' from Avsim? I think he is a graphics/art professional and I think he also owns the Katana. Maybe he can help you with some details. Drop him a PM if you like.

Thank you CoolP, no I don't know him

and I also like the windows, there is nothing wrong with them of course. I prefer not to have any vc windows so I can admire some of my Orbx scenery in greater detail. I will try this myself when I get a chance; If it doesn't work then I'll ask him for assistance.

Thanks again!

David DD

I asked you for the logic.

I see there is none.

Isn't this the only Katana add-on for fsx? If so, he/she couldn't buy a less realistic one without window tint, hence him/her wanting to do it with this add-on.

and I also like the windows, there is nothing wrong with them of course. I prefer not to have any vc windows so I can admire some of my Orbx scenery in greater detail. I will try this myself when I get a chance; If it doesn't work then I'll ask him for assistance.

Thanks again!

David DD

During some flights I had the same feel.

Regards,

Richard Portier

Isn't this the only Katana add-on for fsx? If so, he/she couldn't buy a less realistic one without window tint, hence him/her wanting to do it with this add-on.

No, there is another. In fact it's so unrealistic that it was originally called a Katana when it is an Eclipse.

And it also has tinted widows.

Just like the real thing.