Dornier 27 FSX - no control movement

rjsagel

Hello,

I 'm sure I missed something here but I cannot get my joystick or pedals to work with my DO-27 FSX. My Saitek X52 and CH pedals are setup via FSUIPC (registered) for all of my FSX aircraft andthey work great. I installed my DO-27 (FSX) and I cannot get any linkage to my controll surfaces. Rudder pedals do not link eaither.

I'm sure I messed up here but I cannot find the problem.

Sorry for the bother here,

Cheers,

Ron Sagel

• Deputy Sheriffs

It would be helpful to know if this is a new install or if it's an old one and the controls used to work. Other things that can help us help you is knowing your OS and confirmation you have SP2 or the Acceleration version installed for FSX.

I used to use that same controller set-up, so it's not that. One thing (among so many) you'll learn from the manual is there is a control lock. While it doesn't lock the rudders IIRC, that may be part of your problem with elevator and ailerons. Also, if they used to work and they no longer do AND you're using "Pro" mode, it's possible is that you broke them and you need to do maintenance. I've never heard of that failure mode, but you never know. How to accomplish maintenance is another good reason to read the manual.

One other thing...the Do likes to have a default aircraft like the Cessna 172 loaded first. Once at your favorite airport, then load the Do.

Hello,

Thanks for the help but I found the problem. I missed the fact that the "get her ready to fly" in the maint book does the setup.

Cheers,

Ron Sagel

There is a control lock that needs releasing. The ready to fly option is a cheat.

You should use the manual to learn to do it properly. You need to use the manual anyway to learn about limitations & consequences or you will be sitting around a long time while your mechanic fixes things.

The deliberate policy was to make this bird cost you simming time if you didnt use it right. And even switching to simple mode still needs the manual to function correctly as there are a number of non-standard tools and functions!

There's no substitute for taking it step-by-step, but it is rewarding.

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

This is an awesome addon, but you will get best value reading the manual and trying the checklists.

When you get it ready to fly manually and do the maintenance you will be very rewarded and the plane feels more yours