fsx ctds when i select the katana from the fsx menu

pete_auau

HI i purchased the katana and downloaded with admin rights and with the anti virus off, than went into fsx and selected the katana than after a few seconds fsx ctd to desktop

I using windows 7 fsx acceralation 64 bit operating syatem.

I lasys dounloaded the launcher as well if that helps should i try to uninstall and try again or any other ideas thx for you help

Fsx only cxtds when selecting the katana and i noticed that the pictures of the catana in fsx are not filled in as in the different colors etc, and when it returns to the splash screen the plane doesnt spin around as per the others than fsx ctds think i covered most of it what happens.

thx peter

You should try re-installing. Did you activate it through the aerosoft launcher too? If not, try this first, It could fix the problem! :)

thx for your quick reply i will try your way amd let you know how it goes

problem solved thx found the problem in another thread in here by accident lol found out i had to put // in front of the guage 47 in the panel cfg of the katana so now it working yea after 2 uninstalls and re installs lol

problem solved thx found the problem in another thread in here by accident lol found out i had to put // in front of the guage 47 in the panel cfg of the katana so now it working yea after 2 uninstalls and re installs lol

Ah, good! :D

• 2 weeks later...

To all readers....

I have the katana, downloaded it from Simmarket, version 1.03a.

It seems I have this similar problem but, unlike my fellow pilots, slashing out that line 47 doesn't work a bit.

Everytime I select the Katana, it loads just until I will climb in the cockpit and the it ends FSx. IOt is not a straight crash to desktop but some failure in the fsx engine that forces fsx to shut down.

Anybody with suggestions?

Luc Brusselmans

Belgium

Oh and before I forget to mention it. The Kat was installed as administrator and I always run FSx as administrator too.

Good mornig Mathijs,

Yes it does crash with an error.

I start Fsx with a default aircraft in VC.

When I select the katana it loads and then just down fsx with the following message

Gebeurtenisnaam van probleem: APPCRASH

Naam van de toepassing: fsx.exe

Versie van toepassing: 10.0.61637.0

Tijdstempel van toepassing: 46fadb14

Naam van foutmodule: ntdll.dll

Versie van foutmodule: 6.1.7601.17725

Tijdstempel van foutmodule: 4ec49b8f

Uitzonderingscode: c0000005

Uitzonderingsmarge: 00038dc9

Versie van besturingssysteem: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1

Landinstelling-id: 2067

Aanvullende informatie 1: 0a9e

Aanvullende informatie 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

Aanvullende informatie 3: 0a9e

Aanvullende informatie 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

unquote

When I restart fsx, all isnormal again untill I select the Katana again.

Luc Brusselmans

Belgium

I have the GNX430 installed on my system but NOT in the Katana

Hello Again,

Yes, I do start FSx as administrator and UAC has been disabled and I did install the Katana with no virusscan/firewall active.

So far In have also tried different startup situations.

Starting in VC or 2D-cockpit, Starting in default Cessna and switching to the Katana or starting straight from the main menu into the Katana...

Nothing seems to work and the error message points me always in the same direction.

I have a bunch of addon aircraft installed, always payware as far as I am aware and some are quite complicate (PMDG NGX, PMDG J41 spring to mind). All of those work just fine (except for the airbus X but as I do not use a normal throttle -> PFC digital throttle quadrant, that is normal)

indeed a weird one.

Luc Brusselmans

Belgium

• Aerosoft

Luc, I really have no idea at this moment, will discuss it with the developer but I doubt he will have better ideas.

We sold this one really a lot and we have seen our share of problems but as far as I can see we have not seen this one. Something in your FSX setup is not standard. Perhaps some add-on has replaced a default file with it's own. It's very bad practice but it does happen.

Luc, I really have no idea at this moment, will discuss it with the developer but I doubt he will have better ideas.

We sold this one really a lot and we have seen our share of problems but as far as I can see we have not seen this one. Something in your FSX setup is not standard. Perhaps some add-on has replaced a default file with it's own. It's very bad practice but it does happen.

Mathijs,

Thanks for taking time to look into this.

I can/will try to replace the offending .dll but I have no high hopes for that.

And yes, my setup is not very standard anymore. Since I own almost all scenery published or distributed by Aerosoft and quite a lot of the major scenery developpers including ORBX, my setup has grown to a respectable size of 230 Gb. So chances are big that some of all those programs and addon's have changed a file somewhere along the line. In that case I have to hangar the Katana until a next reinstall I'm afraid. Reinstalling is about a week or more of tedious work and I guess you will understand that that is not something to take on lightly.

If I find a solution or I can come up with a 'reason' why the Katana doesn't work on my system, I'll let you know.

Luc Brusselmans

Belgium

Just as a thought, can you load FSX with the default Cessna, mute the sound with `Q`, then switch to the Kat. Does it crash then?

One other thing to check is that you don't have duplicate entries for the graphics card in FSX.cfg. If you have only one monitor, there should be only a single entry. If there is more than one delete them both, including the headers, then restart the simulator and reset your display preferences. While you are in FSX .cfg it also wouldn't hurt to flush the shader cache. Look for the line

SHADER_CACHE_PRIMED=1693500672

under the [GRAPHICS] heading and just change or delete the last number. This will force a shader recompile on next sim boot.

I wouldnt bother looking more closely at .dll's for the fault. They are the means of the crash as a fautling module, not usually the reason for the crash.

• Upvote 2

I like the sound suggestion.

Hello again,

I tried either suggestion today but with no succes.

There is only one entry for my graphics card in the fsx.cfg.

I have made FSx rebuild the shadercache and I have tried to disable the sound.

All without any succes I'm afraid.

Oh well, that's fsx I think

Luc Brusselmans

Belgium

• 4 weeks later...

As well as all the other good tips on installing such as UAC issues etc, there's also another trick that may help not only the CTDs but also FSX performance (especially relating to scenery file streaming).

If you have an anti-virus tool installed you might want to check it's documentation and settings to see if there's an 'Exclusion list' feature available. For example I use Microsoft Security Essentials and in the Settings menu there's an 'Excluded files and locations' feature that allows you to specify specific file-types or even entire folders that it should ignore. On my system I've added the entire FSX folder and all add-on scenery folders not installed to the FSX directory to the Microsoft Security Essentials exclusion list.

I also do not install FSX to the default Program Files or Program Files (x86) folders because these are system folders that have stricter permissions and security access restrictions placed on them by the Windows operating system that can mess with FSX addons such as gauge DLLs and module executables. I install all my games / sims to non-system folders that I create on the root directory of my chosen hard disk to avoid these permissions issues. My FSX for example is installed to D:\Microsoft Flight Simulator X.

Any file-types or folders in the eclusion list of your anti-virus will be ignored by the real-time and on-demand scanning system, thereby not only avoiding any file access / executioon rights problems, but also helping to improve the performance of the intensive file streaming that FSX does in the background as it streams in all that scenery data because the anti-virus is no longer stepping in to monitor every file access during the streaming.