Flaps don't stay down

rjsagel

Hello,

New install:

My flaps will not stay down. If I set them to lower, they go down until I release the activation switch - they then go back up.

I have tried the following:

1.My GOFLIGHT SWITCH for the flaps - no action at all

2. Assigned a controller switch with FSUIPC to raise / lower flaps - same result - they go down and then go back up

3. Tried FSX F5,F6, F7 and F8 switches - same result.

4. Tried mouse on Virtual cockpit - switches go down but flaps stay up

Any ideas here please,

Thanks in advance,

Ron Sagel

Hello,

No - this is the payware version of the KATANA - V1.03 - newest available

The flaps can only be lowered by the F8 key and held down - release the key and they go up

Mapping of the Flaps switch to keys on my controller via FSUIPC moves the flaps switch but the

flaps stay up.

Ron Sagel

My advice would be to reset the aircraft first. The flaps may have been damaged before due to overspeed...

After the reset I would first try the switch in the virtual cockpit to ensure proper operation of the flaps (ideally with any hardware disconnected that might have an influence on the flaps, for instance Saitek Autopilot Panel).

My first thought having read your latest post is a problem related to FSUIPC though. Unfortunately I am not an expert with FSUIPC, I actually do not even use it any more...

I can however assure you that the Katana 4X - when correctly installed and undamaged - has no problems with flaps operation, at least no problems that I have encountered during almost 200h flight time with this bird in FSX...

• Upvote 1

My advice would be to read the manual.

The contingencies described are dealt with by choosing appropriate settings. As described in the manual.

If you want more advice, supply more information.

It is that simple.

Hello,

I fixed this by running all of the maintenance and repair tasks. One of them repaired the problem. It never occurred to me that the plane, "right out of the box" from installation, needed repairs.

Cheers,

Ron Sagel