AES with Airbus X and Tampa LOWW

Hanse

• Deputy Sheriffs

Hi,

I just downloaded / installed AES 2.21. When I start FSX I select the Airbus X at LOWW (Tampa-Version) and a special parking position. Then I set the Airbus X to "Dark & Cold". When I now start AES (Crtl + Shift + W) the window opens "Follow-me car" e.g. to select a parking space etc. This means AES does not detect that I am already at a gate and the engines are dead. The same happens with other fully installed airports like Mega-Airport Frankfurt EDDF.

What do I have to do so that the AES window opens with "Beginn boarding"?

Thanks,

Rolf

Guest cptawsom

With cold and dark, check that the parking brake is set.

Then, you don't have to do anything, not even open the AES window.

Just wait for a few seconds for AES to determine that your aircraft is ready. Once that happens, you will hear the "Locks in position" (or something like that) message.

• Developer

When you see the Followme MenĂ¼, normally this means, that the aircraft is parked outside of a Gate area. This could happen, when you place the Aircraft via the "Go to ..." Menu in the FS and the AFCAD, which define the location of the Gates is not fitting correct to the airport.

In this case, all the AI airplanes are also missplaced.

Can you check, if you try to park in the aircraft by following the Marshaller/Dockingsystem, if then the AES Position menu will be available.

• Deputy Sheriffs

When you see the Followme MenĂ¼, normally this means, that the aircraft is parked outside of a Gate area. This could happen, when you place the Aircraft via the "Go to ..." Menu in the FS and the AFCAD, which define the location of the Gates is not fitting correct to the airport.

In this case, all the AI airplanes are also missplaced.

Can you check, if you try to park in the aircraft by following the Marshaller/Dockingsystem, if then the AES Position menu will be available.

Oliver, but how do I park the aircraft by following the Marshaller/Dockingsystem when I start a flight (you are right - currently I use "Go to ....."). In your manual you are starting also with "Landing - Followme-Car" but normally I do start my flights not with a landing ..... The procedure is quite important to me because I am working with Steffen Froemter on a plugin for the new Airbus X Extended and we have to align the procedures resp. describe those very clearly in our manual.

Thanks,

Rolf

• Developer

At the moment, it is important to see, what happens at you PC. Therefor you must check , maybe in Slewmode, if you get the menu, when the aircraft is part at a position or not. Maybe AES don't work correct or your Airport is not correct.

Normally, when you place the aircraft via Menu and the aircraft is placed in the correct area of a gate, the engines are off and the parkingbrake is set, AES will start with the gate procedure and you will get the correct AES Menu.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Ok you were right - using the slew mode I corrected the position at the gate A23 EDDF and then AES started the gate procedure and I got the correct AES menu. I checked other gates at "Mega Airport Frankfurt - last update installed" as well as "Tampa Vienna Airport" and at some gates the position was correct and at others it was not the case.

So what I do not understand is even that all products are from Aerosoft (AES, EDDF and LOWW) they are not working smoothly together. So I will have to make a note in our manual that this is sometimes the case and how to correct it = SLEW MODE (Key Y).

Rolf

• Developer

No, it is an issue based on the FS itself:

When it is not an issue by a doublicate Afcad active (like from a AI Traffic addon) and the Afcad is from the scenery product, the FS will place the Aircraft at the center of the Position, defined by the Afcad, regardless of the Aircraft size, allways based by the middle of the aircraft.

But, normally position, specially for AES, are designed to park based on the nosewheel, depending on the operations need at the gate.

As you can place every size of aircrafts here, it could happen, that a bigger aircraft is correct, a small is parked far away from the gate.

In same cases (but not in EDDF or LOWW) it also can be, that the AFCAD has high offset from the correct location and AES is more correct.

All depents, how the positions are defined in the Afcad and how your aircraft fit's into that.

But, based on your report, that you have large missplacement, I am still not sure, if maybe another (incorrect) Afcad issue is present in your installation. Did you have a AI Traffic Addon installed, like Mytraffic?