Auckland???

Dillon

And Godzone Auckland Supercity is only surrounding terrain, not the airport. Surprised you think AKL is in the South Island Clem ? And don't expect Orbx to do airports larger than Queenstown. I believe their policy is smaller is better.

I would, personaly like Aerosoft to look at Auckland and Christchurch, as airports are there forte^

http://www.christchurchairport.co.nz/

http://www.aucklandairport.co.nz/

Since this airport has never been done in detail in Flight Simulator's 20 year history I thought I'd suggest it to Aerosoft.

Well it has... Deane Baunton's FS2000 scenery soldiers on in my sim.

But I'd agree it would be a wonderful update to have!

Please login to display this image.

The very talented Mike Allen-Andrews (who created the Auckland city models for Real NZ Supercity) of FS-Creations.org has just started developing a new Auckland scenery which promises photoreal coverage to a greater extent than the Real NZ one, a fully modelled city and, at last, the airports!

It's likely to be some time off as it's a massive project but judging by his previous work it'll be well worth the wait.

Hope that helps,

Ade

I should have put an FS9 tag in my original message. Scenery usually not a problem crossing over from FSX to FS9 so I hope an FS9 version is an option along with the FSX rendition.

The good thing for the FSX crowd is at least the airport is covered in FSX's default library. In FS9 it's not detailed at all...

The local NZ designers have mostly abandoned FS9 which is a shame - all the more reason for Aerosoft to do one of their double-duty sceneries for Auckland: FS9/P3D perhaps?

I can't think of a reason why there should be an FSX one...

The local NZ designers have mostly abandoned FS9 which is a shame - all the more reason for Aerosoft to do one of their double-duty sceneries for Auckland: FS9/P3D perhaps?

I can't think of a reason why there should be an FSX one...

Because there is not one for FSX.