Radiostack X: any chance of a version for networked PCs ?

Paul K

http://www.aerosoft....i?showd,,D11404

I don't have an Ipad, but I do have a laptop networked to my FSX desktop PC. I have Plan G on the laptop linked to FSX via SimConnect, and it works very well, so I was wondering if Aerosoft would consider a new version of Radiostack ? I would imagine the number of simmers who own two PCs are as numerous as those with PC and Ipad, if not more so.

Failing that, is there anything already on the market that I could use ?

Thanks for any info / help

James I have a registered copy of FSUIPC, but as far as I know, Wide Client wont allow you to run different parts of FSX across two networked PCs. It only allows other separate applications, such as Plan G, to communicate with the FSX PC over a network. What I need are the radios as a separate application on the laptop that communicates with FSX on the desktop, pretty much as RadioStack does from an Ipad, No space for an extra monitor, by the way - desktop, laptop and X-52Pro take up all the room.

Was just a thought. As it's a stand alone sort of programme I would have assumed that running it over the network with wideclient would have been relatively easy. Similar to Project Magenta's Beoing Suite of software. This is obviously not the case.

Do what I did and get either a bigger desk or house :chairfall_s:

As it's a stand alone sort of programme I would have assumed that running it over the network with wideclient would have been relatively easy.

:confused_s:

James, sorry. but I think you might need to read through my posts again. I haven't got a stand alone program - there isn't one. Thats why I'm asking if Aerosoft would develop a PC version of the Ipad app Radiostack X.

Wideclient and FSUIPC will not run a single copy of FSX across two computers, with say the radios showing in the laptop screen and the instrument panel on the main FSX PC's monitor. They will only allow you to link a completely separate stand-alone program or app on one PC to FSX running on another PC - which is why I need that separate program for the radios...such as Radiostack for the PC. :)

What you want is a PC version of the product is that what your saying so you can run it from another computer.

That's exactly right, Shaun. Instead of running on an Ipad, a version that will run on another PC ( in my case my Toshiba laptop ) and interact with my main FSX desktop PC.

I wonder if it could be done... :)

That's exactly right, Shaun. Instead of running on an Ipad, a version that will run on another PC ( in my case my Toshiba laptop ) and interact with my main FSX desktop PC.

I wonder if it could be done... :)

Not sure but will mention to it Mathijs.

Not sure but will mention to it Mathijs.

Ah great, thanks for that Shaun. It'd be nice to know if its even possible. By the way, do you know happen to know if the existing Radiostack X work on an Iphone ? Someone told me it does, but I can't see any mention of that in the pdf manual. Sorry, but I am a bit ignorant of ' I-things'. ;)

Ah great, thanks for that Shaun. It'd be nice to know if its even possible. By the way, do you know happen to know if the existing Radiostack X work on an Iphone ? Someone told me it does, but I can't see any mention of that in the pdf manual. Sorry, but I am a bit ignorant of ' I-things'. ;)

I wouldnt know but mathijs is away this week but will ask him.

• 4 weeks later...

Okay, well I would think there are a lot more simmers with two PCs than one PC and an Ipad. A number of people I've talked to on various forums have things like Plan G and Airhauler running on a second, older or less powerful PC. I love running Plan G that way as you can constantly refer to the terrain shown on Google Earth and how it compares to FSX ( remarkably well, even the default scenery! ). The main thing is not having to swap screens of course.

Thanks anyway, Shaun. I might start a poll to see who owns two PCs...