Is It Time?

PaulJones

I agree with you Sven, it's the lack of a good GUI that keeps me from changing to X-plane. I mean, if you start FSX you get a nice screen where you can easily set all the options you like. You can select your aircraft, starting airport, weather options, etc. And that all before you start flying. That's what X-plane needs! After all, if you start X-plane you suddenly are in the cockpit and you have to figure things out by yourself. It's just not easy.

Of course the world environment looks better in default X-Plane than it does in FSX, Mathijs is right about that. It does look good with add-ons. Only thing is, I got those add-ons anyway. They're the first things I install after installing FSX. If I look at the pictures above, that's what my FSX looks like after installing those add-ons.

I've heard that Prepar3D has an even better GUI than FSX (haven't tried it yet), so that increases the chance that P3D will be the future for me. Clearly, X-plane has good in-flight graphics but it lacks on many other points.

What is the resolution of the groun textures og XPlane 10.

Many screenshots at several site I have seen look like it is 4.75mp..

Do you mean the resolution of default ground textures, or the best resolution you can get with add-ons in X-Plane ? I don't know how much it is, but I guess it's more than 4.75 meters per pixel. Now is "more" really useful for flight simulation ?

xp10-72-th.jpg xp10-96-th.jpg xp10-52-th.jpg

Happy flying !

• Upvote 1