Catalina X Install issues

repaid21

Hi all,

I just recently purchased this fine craft only to run into an install issue..

I get this error..

"ERROR with edit FSCatagories.xml..the Mission is not available."

I've seen another post reguarding this issue with no resolution.. Any new news on this..

Version 1.2 (if I'm not mistaken).

Hi repaid21,

unfortunately it has nothing to do with UAC or permissions.

It must be an error in the V1.2 FULL package. I remember having sent files to aerosoft support regarding this issue without getting any answers.

I got rid of this issue by uninstalling V1.2 FULL (beware - your other missions might be affected afterwards), then installing V1.11 FULL plus the V1.2 UPDATE.

Not sure if you can still get V1.11 though...

Hi repaid21,

unfortunately it has nothing to do with UAC or permissions.

It must be an error in the V1.2 FULL package. I remember having sent files to aerosoft support regarding this issue without getting any answers.

I got rid of this issue by uninstalling V1.2 FULL (beware - your other missions might be affected afterwards), then installing V1.11 FULL plus the V1.2 UPDATE.

Not sure if you can still get V1.11 though...

I'll try to find out about this. But dont think the old installer is still around.

I'll try to find out about this. But dont think the old installer is still around.

Funny enough, I just finished installed the cat under admin permissions and still get this error. .

The only other thing that has messed with that particular file (and made a backup) was Manhattan X. I wish I could get it working right..

Thank you for looking into it ..

• 3 weeks later...

Others are also now having this same issue.. since the last post, I have found and redid my XML file.. and reinstalled the catalina .. to the SAME end.. Even restored a untouched backup of FSX just to test it.. and, you guessed it.. same error. Even on Avsim, people are wondering why this error is so "ignored"

There is also stated to be an update.. could I be pointed in the right direction please.

• Aerosoft

repaid21, I an handling support at this moment and not fully up to date on this issue. Have you send your xml to our support department and did you get it back from them?

We have stopped doing mission add-ons because the mission system is very touchy and often seems to fail with customers without any detectable reason. We have checked all our mission things on 6 systems here in the office and they all seem to work. We do know that there are issues when FSX is not running in Administrator mode, but it seems that that is not the issue here, right?

repaid21, I an handling support at this moment and not fully up to date on this issue. Have you send your xml to our support department and did you get it back from them?

We have stopped doing mission add-ons because the mission system is very touchy and often seems to fail with customers without any detectable reason. We have checked all our mission things on 6 systems here in the office and they all seem to work. We do know that there are issues when FSX is not running in Administrator mode, but it seems that that is not the issue here, right?

Hi,

I was never asked to send it to anyone.. honestly .. the mission is not really on my high priority list to fix.. as its now become such a hassle, not worth all this "troubleshooting" time away from my family. At least I was fortunate enough to have a backup of said file made by Manhattan (and an original made my me).

I'm not the only one with this issue.. but if you say its so touchy.. I will not bother with it anymore.. perhaps it should be made an OPTIONAL install, with a disclaimer..

I also fail to understand why running FSX in administratior mode will make the install of the Catalina go smoother, considering that its the CAT install that is failing and messing up the xml file.. unless there are other issues that you are referring to.

I've not on purpose installed any missions.. the only other software I've installed that messed with the xml would be Manhattan... but I've tried to put the file back to original (from a backup, and from Manhattans OWN backup).. and catalina install still errors out.

As far as other payware. I have mostly ORBX and Aerosoft Scenery .. and Payware aircraft.. which, to the best of my knowledge do not mess with the xml.. with the acception of Manhattan..

• 1 month later...

I installed both files V100 and UPD V110 in my FSX sim and I only get one Catalina showing to fly. Why don't the others show up. I didn't get any error on the install. What could it be ? I running windows 7 on my PC.

Bob out!