Gibraltar and Ultimate Traffic II

Curtis Jarrett

The Gibraltar scenery is great! According to my UT2 schedules there should be a few AI on the ramp from time to time. I read the manual about disabling some traffic files to make things work. Would someone please help me with that; I cannot find the files to disable. There are some AI at other airports not to far away that I've noticed.

Thank you,

Curtis

The Gibraltar scenery is great! According to my UT2 schedules there should be a few AI on the ramp from time to time. I read the manual about disabling some traffic files to make things work. Would someone please help me with that; I cannot find the files to disable. There are some AI at other airports not to far away that I've noticed.

Thank you,

Curtis

Hello Curtis,

Which files are these in particular.

I'm using Ultimate Traffic II and FSX traffic is set for 100% and see no other airlines at the gates. The manual for LXGB says:

AI Traffic

AFX or AFCAD files are used to setting up the taxiway layout for AI traffic. Possibly you use an AI traffic addon that installs additional AFX (AFCAD) files for Gibraltar. Please remove any other existing AFX (AFCAD) files for LXGB"Gibraltar" (most named: AF2_LXGB.bgl or similar. LXGB = ICAO code for Gibraltar) except the files included in this scenery.

I'm having trouble understanding the above instructions. Where are the AFCAD files to remove?

Thanks,

Curtis

What it means is, for example, if you use Mytraffic X, it comes with afcads for various airports. As you use UT2, that will not be an issue. If you are concerned about another afcad being present (Excluding default as Aerosoft GB overides it) you can download Airport scanner (Google).

As UT2 uses a Database format ( and simconnect) for spawning AI, you do not need the traffic slider turned up at all, in fact you can set it to "0". As UT2 does not use BGL files, the traffic slider is redundant. UT2 disables default Traffic.bgl during installation.

OK, thanks for your reply; so I guess sense there are just a few flights during the week, they well eventually show up, right? If I check the time tables for flights to/from LXGB and set that time in the FSX opening screen, should the traffic be there?

Curtis

Yes, Easyjet, Monarch are reg carriers to LXGB. Depends what time of day. Winter schedule would be less as well. Busier airport in the summer.

Cheers

Julian

OK, thanks for your reply; so I guess sense there are just a few flights during the week, they well eventually show up, right? If I check the time tables for flights to/from LXGB and set that time in the FSX opening screen, should the traffic be there?

Curtis

Use the Timetable facilty in UT2 to see when they arrive and depart to see what time they are there as you mentioned but dont expect them to be there on the dot though as they are like the real world, "Late".

Thanks gentlemen for your help, finally got to see other traffic today (Easyjet) after loading times UT2 listed on a time table. Still looking for Monarch and British Airways. At least I know the traffic is working properly.

Thanks again,

Curtis

Check the repaint database, there are a lot of airlines, especially touring operators, who either have missing flights, are not in the database at all, or have missing repaints. In fact I just noticed British Airways A318 has no repaint at all assigned! It's been weeks of work filling up the European airlines to acceptable standards.

• 2 months later...