FlyTampa Boston

jfail1

I have FlyTampa Boston V 3.1 for FSX on CD, that I purchased from Aerosoft and have the 3.2 update applied.

I am planning to move to Prepar3D. Do I need to purchase a new version of Boston for for that? Do I use the original CD I have? Will it install to my Prepar3D folder (C:\Prepar3D)? I want to keep everything legal.

I have FlyTampa Boston V 3.1 for FSX on CD, that I purchased from Aerosoft and have the 3.2 update applied.

I am planning to move to Prepar3D. Do I need to purchase a new version of Boston for for that? Do I use the original CD I have? Will it install to my Prepar3D folder (C:\Prepar3D)? I want to keep everything legal.

We cant guarantee it will work whatever you try to get it into Prepar3d but you can try.

Probably be better off asking at Flytampa to be honest.

Yes, it works fine. Here is a copy of 2 emails from George at FlyTampa. that he sent me to get it working. You will need to email him and ask him to send you the two files to make it work properly. When I just copied the FSX Boston folder over to P3D I got a lot of large black boxes on the screen. The files from George fix that problem. I don't want to attach the files here without Georges permission. He is very responsive and helpful.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You don't need a new version & its legal to use your exciting FSX copy again with P3D.

You'll just have to manually add Boston the the P3D scenery database.

We have a little guide to adding scenery to the database here..

Its for FSX but the prcedure & names in P3D will be similar.

http://www.flytampa.org/support.html#support2

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I you have got as far as running Boston on P3D & are just getting the purple boxes, try copying the attached file to your main

P3D texture folder. It should take care of the boxes.

Secondary you'll need the attached bgl to fix the elevation.

copy AFX_KBOS_flytampa_dummy.bgl to the P3D equivalent of FSXlocation\Scenery\World\Scenery

We will be writing P3D installers in the future now they have released the cheap version :) Its worth you requesting them through support@flytampa.com. Later of course, because my colleague hasn't completed the work yet.

Let me know if theres still problems.

Not sure I would say "faster", maybe 2-3 FPS gain. Others claim a lot more but I cant say that mine went up that much more and I have a pretty hefty system. Probably the best thing about P3D is that it is ongoing development and they are trying to cut down the load on the CPU and move a lot of it to the GPU which is a great thing. They say that they will support DX11 when 2.0 of P3D comes out which there is no time line on that.

I will say that I think the display is "smoother" and a lot of others agree on that. The recent 1.3 update to P3D has drawn some criticisim from others saying it "stutters" a lot. I have not personally observed that in 1.3.

I like the user interface with P3D much more than FSX but that is just my opinion, others don't like it.

• Upvote 1