Too Many Trees and Buildings

Curtis Jarrett

After installing Gibraltar X scenery in FSX, I have noticed trees and buildings on the runways and ramps of other airports. For some reason this problem is showing up at airports south of this scenery. Airports north of LXGB all appear normal. I am using Orbx scenery in FSX, but it is switched off using the FTX  control panel. Also, using UT2. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Curtis

I removed the Gibraltar X scenery; still have the same problem. As I get closer to the default airports, you can actually see the trees start popping up everywhere especially on the runway, buildings too. Any ideas on this at all?

Curtis

• Deputy Sheriffs

As I have also installed GibX and Orbx, but don't see any problems, where did you take the screenshot?

Did you also check, whether it got something to do with UT2?

Do you have other addons installed?

Did you intstall GibX while Orbx was active?

Did you install as Administrator?

Where is your FSX installed (exact path)?

What happens when you uninstall GibX?

• Upvote 1

No, this is an airport just south of Gibraltar in Morocco (GMTN) and others too like GMTT, etc. The Gibraltar scenery is fine, although still trying to enable some aircraft traffic there (I read the part in the manual about deleting AFX or AF2 LXGB traffic files - no joy). Uninstalled LXGB - same problem. Also airports north of LXGB all appear normal. The trees just start popping up as you get closer to the above airports. Thanks for any direction at all.

UT2

Win 7

As Administrator

Numerous Aerosoft scenery

Numerous Orbx scenery

Thank you,

Curtis

Numerous Aerosoft scenery

Is Dangerous Airports #1 one of the numerous Aerosoft sceneries?

If yes, there is an updte to that which fixes a HORRIBLE (lol) exclusion file that affects way too great of an area. From North Carolina to North Africa airports will be impacted.

And if you don't have DA1? Who knows, start turning stuff off in the Scenery Library until you find the offending package.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Just checked GMTN and GMTT and everything looks normal. So I think something else causing the problenms. Did you try to deactivate UT2?

Thanks so much gentlemen, I think I at least have some starting points!

I do have DA1 (which did have some wierd issues with trees there as I remember).

Also, how do you deactivate UT2?

Thank you,

Curtis

I turned off all DA1 in Scenery Library and all airports look good, no trees or buildings on runways. I re-downloaded the latest copy of DA1 to replace the original one with.

Thanks a lot for your time!

Curtis