Any new traffic addons??????

cypair

i think i can safely say there is not one good or up to date traffic program on that market. fsx traffic is old and the aircraft are crap. UT2 well lets not go there. the only thing i like about them is the aircraft. it always has problems and never works. will aerosoft maybe make one?

Problem is perhaps that the best product (WoAI) is freeware, so there's no commercial market for AI-traffic. It simply wouldn't sell. After all, why pay for something if you can get the same or better quality for free? Even if it would be better than WoAI, for many users that minor quality difference would not be worth the price of buying the add-on.

• Upvote 1

I agree with Patrick, you can set up your AI with WoAI within 1 day for free. The other option would be to use the flightplans on avsim and flightsim.com and compile them yourself, that's the way I do it, I know what I have installed and it's easy to update. Just delete the old ones and compile the new ones while you would need to wait for an update for payware products.

And as Patrick said, quality is the same, if not even better.

This page may be a good start if you want to compile it yourself:

http://www.alpha-india.net/

And here is a good page, where you can download the default FSX/FS2004 Ai splitted up into each aircraft, not as default: all in one ;)

If you combine the GA default traffic with all WOAI + WOAI-GA packages, you get the most real experience, you can get for your FSX.

Important is, that you have to convert the downloaded traffic files in FSX traffic files e.g. with Ai-flightplanner: http://stuff4fs.com/open.asp?Folder=AIFP&JS=TRUE

Regards Alex

I have to agree with cypair on this one. For a while now, I've been contemplating about getting an AI traffic addon for FSX, but I have just never found a good one. And freeware, like World of AI? It's nice, but takes a long time to install, is quite unorganized, and still doesn't have a good number of airlines (at least in one package).

It would be nice if a developer like Aerosoft made a decent, up to date traffic package.