Prepar3D

Peter Lürkens

Hi Peter,

This is my first post here. I've been using CumulusX for a few months now and it has completely transformed my enjoyment of FSX and created a new passion for soaring.

I'm sure I would not be alone in saying I would stay or go wherever CumulusX development stays or goes. If it is a simple matter to port CumulusX to Prepar3d it might be worth it, as by all accounts they've ironed out a few bugs from the original code and got the sim running smoothly. I would not buy Prepar3d unless I knew CumulusX worked with it.

It's also worth noting Prepar3D does not include the DG808s, and I have not heard of anyone trying the SOAR DG or DiscusX in Prepar3d either. Might there be some legal concerns for independently porting these gliders across?

I'm very happy soaring in FSX but I wish the FS soaring community was more active. Browsing the threads here I feel like I missed an active period a few years ago. If implementing CumulusX in Prepar3D can stimulate interest in soaring then its definitely worth it.

So, not a very direct response from me, but I hope it helps a bit. :)

Peter,

I came here today exactly to post this same subject - just to find out that you already thought about it!!!!

Please do include support for Prepar3D - that way I will certainly go for it.

I uninstalled FSX and have been using mainly Condor, because FSX would run slow on my computer, I also because I didn't really want to invest my money on scenery and mesh for a platform that is stagnant...

I couldn't afford Prepar3D either.... Now I can :-)

I will refrain from buying it if I can't see any sound support for glider flying, like the one CumulusX! gave me in FSX, so, if you decide to support Prepar3D, I will go for it :-)

It would be superb to have CumulusX in Prepar3D, without it there's simply no point in using gliders. Porting over FSX aircraft seems to be simply as case of renaming folders, but we absolutely need CumulusX or I guess CumulusP3D :bow_down2_s:

I've just purchased the acedemic version, so if you need any testing, just let me know.

Allan

• 1 month later...

Yes please Peter I will go whatever platform you think is best. I'm hoping that Prepare3D will release with a complete bug fix of FSX and basic performance improvements for latter day hardware. Ben, I share your enthusiasm for CumulusX!

Enjoy

In view of the reasonable academic license, Prepar3D may becone what FSX used to be, at least for those eligible to acquire it.

Hey Peter, and anyone else that may have Prepar3D, I have been staying away from it because of what I thought it states about eligibility, but after reviewing the license a bit, I'm almost sure anyone can aquire it. Can anyone verify this for me.

...Should CumulusX! be Prepar3D?

What do you think?

bests, Peter

I would say YES if you are willing and able to do this. Though, I may not be able to "get funding" for it right of way (my family is on a very, very tight budget). I'm almost sure I can work it in next year though maybe possibly if I'm eligible to have Prepar3D. Maybe I can possibly get it sooner if I drop a BIG hint for my birthday.

Scott

• 3 weeks later...

I may be one step closer to acquiring Prepar3D. My family is having a "garage sale" this weekend and I believe I have my wife talked into letting me keep just 35% of what my stuff goes for. It isn't much, but at least it's something. I would sure love to get that and also a replacement monitor for my computer. Having the viewing area of three monitors at one time is just unbelievable.

Scott