F-16 Rudder Problem

Sam Whalen

Hi Guys!

I just got the FSX F-16 expansion pack by Aerosoft and I have really enjoyed flying it. Im just not sure about one thing: whenever I push the rudder pedals in any direction all I do a barrel roll. Is this supposed to happen? On the ground while rolling the rudder pedals work perfectly. I use the CH products pro pedals, and on every other plane in FSX the rudder and pedals work perfectly. It would be great if someone could throw some light on this!

If you need any more information just ask,

Thanks!

The fact that you rushed to post this question without even noticing the dedicated forum for the product suggests to me that you had better spend some time with the manuals...

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hello Sam,

As Simon suggests if you use the F-16 Forum you may find information about this.

Thanks, I actually have looked at a lot of posts in the dedicated forum. Correct me if I'm wrong, there have only been a couple of posts about it but no one has said anything about fixing it. Anyway just wanted to ask if the EEC BUC switch and the Starting Fuel switch being changed to ENG CONT; PRI\SEC, and AB Reset was a result of the MLU update. (on the engine and jet start control panel)

Thanks, I actually have looked at a lot of posts in the dedicated forum. Correct me if I'm wrong, there have only been a couple of posts about it but no one has said anything about fixing it. Anyway just wanted to ask if the EEC BUC switch and the Starting Fuel switch being changed to ENG CONT; PRI\SEC, and AB Reset was a result of the MLU update. (on the engine and jet start control panel)

Not quite sure what your referring to, is it that your saying that some switches were renamed after an update.

Yes, almost. Sorry it's hard to write, so you should probably have an FSX window up while reading this so you can see what I'm referring to.

In 1985 (so before the MLU, mid-life update) the Engine and Jet-Start Control Panel (directly under the throttle quadrant) housed for switches.

In the direction from the left Aux panel towards the back of the cockpit:

1) The JFS switch (which you have currently displayed in FSX)

2) The EEC BUC switch (you have it labelled as "ENG CONT" with two positions: "PRI" and "SEC")

3) The Starting Fuel switch (you have it labelled as AB Reset with two positions: "NORM" and "ENG DATA")

4) The MAX Power switch (which you have currently displayed in FSX)

I was wondering if your impostation of these switches was a result of the MLU update which changed some of the switches and knobs in the cockpit of the F-16C.

I haven't found out anything about either question I raised.

Strange, it seems that everybody would be talking about the rudder problem, either I'm blind or no one has brought up that question up for ages.

I haven't found out anything about either question I raised.

Strange, it seems that everybody would be talking about the rudder problem, either I'm blind or no one has brought up that question up for ages.

Possibly you didnt see this reply here from the developer.

• 2 months later...

The Aerosoft F-16 has always been broken in this regard, the rudder inputs really need fixing wether the real aircrafts pilots use them much or not. Rudder input should not cause the aircraft to roll more than it yaws i know...

The Aerosoft F-16 has always been broken in this regard, the rudder inputs really need fixing wether the real aircrafts pilots use them much or not. Rudder input should not cause the aircraft to roll more than it yaws i know...

You are wrong

http://www.f-16.net/f-16_forum_viewtopic-t-2119.html

If you are using the rudder, you are NOT obeying the rules for operation of the aircraft.

• Upvote 1

My point was wether the rudder should be used or not, it should not roll the aircraft to the extend the Aerosoft F-16 does, especially with seemingly no yaw occuring while doing so.

According to the info we got during developement (how long was that since.... damned time goes fast ;))... the behaviouris close to that.

Finn