publishing aerosoft's statistics?

ebksb123

I wonder if it is possible to publish some interesting (selling) statistics of Aerosoft? For example, how many products sold, the most successful ones, profit, etc.?

I'd really like to know that! :)

Sorry, but our competitors would also like to know that, lol. We can say that AES is the best selling product we got. In fact we believe this is the best selling products for FS in several years.

Thanks for your answer, Mathijs. I understand that other publishers would love to know that. I would have never thought, that AES is the best selling product, though...

• Aerosoft

Thanks for your answer, Mathijs. I understand that other publishers would love to know that. I would have never thought, that AES is the best selling product, though...

It is, for one simple reason, the average user has 5 or 6 packs so he bought 5 or 6 copies. It also has an aggressive piracy protection and that helps with that product.

Sales overall will surprise a lot of people. Our best selling products are often not the biggest and best known products. Certainly not as we do a lot of boxed products. The products everybody is waiting for and discussing on forums will sell good, but those are often high complexity products and the market for those is simply not massive. So the simpler products often sell better over the years. Never extrapolate forum users to buyers, we would be out of business for years if it was like that. 85% of customers never write on forums and the majority never even reads forums.

Let me give you one other high volume seller, our DHC2-Beaver. Sure it has been around for a while (that's why we are redoing it) but it has sold thousands upon thousands of copies over the year. It's easy to use, easy on framerate, well priced, has very low support costs so it is a perfect product for us. It outsells many of the products you might think sell many times more.

That's quite interesting to read.

You said, AES is better protected against piracy. Isn't there any possibility to do this on other products? How much buyers do you think do you lose because of piracy? Or would those who pirate the product really buy it, when it's not possible for them anymore?

I sometimes read on Youtube and on other sites, that those people think, the prices are not fair. 25€ for a mega airport, for example. I just don't understand how people can say something like this, when I read the forums here, it seems to be so much work to develop a big airport like EDDM and people just don't get it that you need more than a weekend to create such a peace of software.

On the other hand it might be difficult for some who know, they can download it for free without any consequences for them.

Sorry, I could write endless about this topic.........................

Interesting. I assume that AES is best-selling by numbers, would you be willing to share information on best-selling by turnover (money)?

ebksb: AES can, by principle, not be protected the same way other procucts are. It is not a scenery or aircraft, once install&forever forget, but is often updated, with added functionality, multiple licence control mechanism possible, even the system of codes itself allows for code "blacklisting".

In summary, crack EDDM once, and it will be cracked forever (well until next major update comes...), crack AES once and in a month or two you have to do it again...

Mathijs, speaking about piracy, if you can tell:

-How many of your products (in term of value, or individual copies) you recon are in use by pirates? Absolute numbers, or relative to actual sales.

-How many of these pirates you reckon would invest in your product to buy it legally, if it were impossible to crack?

oh and BTW: I did not know Aerosoft was such a big company as it is... I reconed it was in upper 6 digits, maybe low 7, but actual financial size surprised me. But then again, I tend to forget about trainsim and other aspects of aerosoft...