PMDG 737 NGX activate? Problem

Drjazz

hi,

My copy of PMDG NGX is completely unusable since all mouse operations are ignored. the suggestion has been made on another forum that this may be an "activation" issue. There was no activation process supplied with the product just a "registration key". What is one supposed to do with it?

Thanks for any advice

RH

• Deputy Sheriffs

Check the PMDG support page here. If necessary, you can also open a support ticket with them on that page.

I bought mine in August, so I don't remember the process exactly, but for sure it must be activated. Again, see the above link to get you started.

If only I could. PMDG seem to have given up on direct support and passed responsibilty to their AVSIM forum. I am hoping that Aerosoft support will help me out.

• Deputy Sheriffs

If only I could. PMDG seem to have given up on direct support and passed responsibilty to their AVSIM forum. I am hoping that Aerosoft support will help me out.

Nonsense! Simply open a ticket! I opened 3 tickets within the last 2 month (the last one about 10 days ago), and they have been answered with 24 hrs.

Hi Mopperle,

Nonsense you say! I have been able to register on the PMDG support forum, and am able to log-in; I then receive the "verification" email to complete the process, and click on the field to complete the process. Unfortunately that is as far as it goes! I get returned to the support page and a message "not verified" appears. I have been round this loop at least six times. Now that really is "nonsense".

Thanks for reading RH

Hi Mopperle,

Nonsense you say! I have been able to register on the PMDG support forum, and am able to log-in; I then receive the "verification" email to complete the process, and click on the field to complete the process. Unfortunately that is as far as it goes! I get returned to the support page and a message "not verified" appears. I have been round this loop at least six times. Now that really is "nonsense".

Thanks for reading RH

Registering for the support forum is not the same as registering for product support. It is two different things. http://support.precisionmanuals.com/Main/frmRegister.aspx

• Deputy Sheriffs

Flyingnut is correct . That doesn't take anything away from Drjazz' prblems with the forum. The Avism forum is a great place to learn from others, just like the Aerosoft forums, for many issues. The publisher's site (PMDG) in this case is the place to go with the OP's issue. That's why I suggested him going there.

Hi Guys its me again,

I am not allowed to make further posts until March 31!!! So I asked my twin brother if he would post this response for me.

I have now successfully verified my user on the PMDG support forum ( I was in the right place). I had to give a fresh name, password and email address and the verify process completed successfully. It would seem that the verify process was not sophisticated enough to offer a clue as why it was rejecting the other id. I now have two ids, one verified and one un-verified. I will have to try to remember which is which.

I now have a support ticket for my problem and hopefully I will be flying off to Amsterdam before long (hope springs eternal)

Thanks for your interest, cheers Ray Hardiman

ps I guess the forum administrator/policeman is saying to me - " Hey you, you are cluttering up the forum , move along , and dont show your face till next week"!!!

Yeah, a major upgarde has been done in the past days, so that could have been your problem.

As far as I can remember, you´ll get an window in which you have to type in your serial key when you try to load the NGX for the first time.

I have now been informed by Aerosoft that this is a PMDG problem and hence I must hope for a solution there. I guess that will be the end of my posts here

Thanks for reading Cheers RH