Aerosoft download shop - Payments

• Aerosoft

Like every year we are checking out our customer services and I would like to ask you let me know if there are any aspect you feel need attention. As this is a wide topic I will cut it into smaller bits and discuss them one at a time. Please help us out and keep this on topic. If you make a post that really helps us I would be honored to get the poster a free product.

This time we would like to invite comments on the payment system. Did you ever have problems paying and what was the reason for that?

I also use paypal, because it doesn't give my payment details to merchants. But I've never been comfortable with they way I'm taken to another site.

Is it possible to have the paypal step to be displayed in an iframe instead of forwarding the user to the paypal site?

• Deputy Sheriffs

In general I prefer Paypal for online purchases, which works well for me. For my feeling this limits the risk of misuse of my credit card data.

For pre-purchases it gets a bit more complicated, at what moment will for instance my card be charged?

When I ordered X-Plane 10 US-Comunity edition in November in the 'Aerosoft Online Box-Shop', and the release date was not known yet, I decided not to use paypal but instead 'bank-transfer' payment to keep the flexibility.

When the release date was announced I made the bank transfer and the box was delivered on time. However, in between this I asked the accounting department to confirm the receipt of my payment, which was done quickly and correctly, but I do understand this is not efficient for Aerosoft.

Maybe I am just not informed well enough or too suspicious, but how do you handle the payment of pre-purchases normally?

I bring this subject to you attention not because I am unhappy or had a problem, it is just that others might have similar doubts and this is your chance to answer ;)

• Aerosoft

I also use paypal, because it doesn't give my payment details to merchants. But I've never been comfortable with they way I'm taken to another site.

Is it possible to have the paypal step to be displayed in an iframe instead of forwarding the user to the paypal site?

Well the only way to avoid the merchant having the payment details is to give control to another site so it is impossible to avoid it totally.

Just to be clear, we do not have ANY payment detail, even credit card stuff is all handled by the bank and not by us. We do not have any credit card data stored.

• Aerosoft

For pre-purchases it gets a bit more complicated, at what moment will for instance my card be charged?

Pre-orders paid by bank transfer:

If you pay via bank transfer you have the opportunity to pay the amount whenever you want. Once the Box has released you can pay the amount and the Box will be shipped as soon as the payment has been confirmed by the accounting department.

So this is like the customer posted in the Forum.

Pre-orders paid by credit card:

The invoice amount will be reserved in the moment the customer makes the pre-order of a not released product, but the credit card will not being charged until the Box has released. Actually the charge will be made on the day of shipment of the delivery.

Pre-orders paid by PayPal:

The amount will be charged directly when the pre-order has been made and after release the Box will be shipped immediately.

Pre-orders with payment after receipt:

We actually offer the bank transfer after receipt of product and the automatic debit transfer system for pre-orders, but this is just for domestic orders.

I just stumbled upon this post, so I will not take any credit for the following ideas:

It would be great to enable download-only products to be purchased as gifts. It could look like the following:

1) If the buyer knows the presentee's e-mail that is associated with his/her aerosoft account, he could just check a box "make this a gift" and add the appropriate e-mail address. This would simply add the download to the presentee's account. Should be possible to enter a date/time from which this will appear and maybe a field for a message to the presentee.

2) If the buyer does not know the presentee's e-mail (or simply because he/she isn't a customer yet), generate a code that can be printed out and used to redeem the gift (maybe generate a nice pdf with a message to entered).

3) Slightly OT: Enable users to make a wish list that could be publicly available to non-customers if you tell them the link (similar to the function that amazon has)

• Aerosoft

I just stumbled upon this post, so I will not take any credit for the following ideas:

It would be great to enable download-only products to be purchased as gifts. It could look like the following:

1) If the buyer knows the presentee's e-mail that is associated with his/her aerosoft account, he could just check a box "make this a gift" and add the appropriate e-mail address. This would simply add the download to the presentee's account. Should be possible to enter a date/time from which this will appear and maybe a field for a message to the presentee.

2) If the buyer does not know the presentee's e-mail (or simply because he/she isn't a customer yet), generate a code that can be printed out and used to redeem the gift (maybe generate a nice pdf with a message to entered).

3) Slightly OT: Enable users to make a wish list that could be publicly available to non-customers if you tell them the link (similar to the function that amazon has)

I like the idea of a wish list, will check out if that's possible.