Search for Amelia Earhart Starts Again

Jerry W

Thanks very much for the news, Jerry.

I read Ric Gillespie's book ' Finding Amelia: The True Story of the Earhart Disappearance' last year, and I'm very pleased to see he's raised the money to fund another expedition to Nikumaroro ( Gardner Island as it was known ). Anyone reading this and thinking 'here we go again, another fruitcake who thinks Earhart was abducted by aliens/ was captured and shot by the Japanese for spying/ is still alive and living in Area 51 with Elvis and Glen Miller should not fear. His theories on what happened are very plausible, and the evidence his team has found so far on the atoll is intriguing to say the least. Quite extraordinary really.

Here's a link to the book; it comes with a CD of maps, photographs etc..

http://www.amazon.co...32247932&sr=8-1

Here's a link to Gillespie's website...check out the Maid of Harlech, a P-38 found in the sands of a Welsh beach. As far as I know it hasn't yet been rcovered.

http://tighar.org/

Thanks again, Jerry.

:cheers_s:

Hello Paul,

I watched a program on Sky a while ago regarding this subject, very interesting it was too.

Hi Shaun,

I would very much like to have seen that. I got rid of my TV about 6 years ago, and have never regretted it...except when I hear of documentaries such as the one you mention.

I've seen excerpts of Ric Gillespie's expedition videos, and was interested to watch the accompanying archaeologists excavate the supposed camp site. The artefacts found point to the tantalizing possibility that she and Fred Noonan ended their days there.

This summer's sonar survey will be a nail biter for sure.