X-Plane 10 conference

• Aerosoft

Last weekend Aerosoft organized a developers conference on Mallorca. The main goal was to show our FSX developers what the options, advantages and possible problems in X-Plane 10 are. Of course we invited Austin Meyers and Ben Supnik, they are the brains behind all the things 3r parties can add to X-Plane.

We believe the conference was a great success. There were very informative lectures, frank and open discussions and we think Austin and Ben got a good idea what our developers are important issues that need to be looked at. For sure the result of the meeting will be a few exciting X-Plane 10 products.

post-43-0-68624800-1331714860_thumb.jpg

Austin answering some of the questions of developers during the closing session.

post-43-0-81724000-1331714875_thumb.jpg

Austin trying to convince me of something, while Winfried tries to get a word in.

post-43-0-45783500-1331714864_thumb.jpg

The whole group, minus a few that could not be persuaded to come outside in the sun. Some developers have not been in sunshine in many years. First one to get all the names right gets a free download.

post-43-0-30311800-1331714878_thumb.jpg

We promised it would be all work and no beer and I think we managed. The yellow/brown liquid in the glasses is foamy ice tea. A local drink served on Mallorca. Ben is taking a sip of a vitamin drink.

• Upvote 6

• Deputy Sheriffs

For sure the result of the meeting will be a few exiting X-Plane 10 products.

I hoped you would say a lot of exciting products :P

Nothing more to share about what products are worked on?

• Aerosoft

I thought the same... Not much information so why sharing these without anything to say??

The news was the conference itself and as this was the biggest developers meeting for X-Plane ever (it was in fact the biggest FS developers meeting in many years) I think the event was news worthy. And as you might have seen we have already announced one new X-Plane 10 product yesterday. Other announcements will follow when the projects have started in earnest.

• Upvote 2

I thought the same... Not much information so why sharing these without anything to say??

So you feel that so many FS developers at a meeting organized by Aerosoft is not a topic they should not discuss it in their own forums? I found it rather surprising to see how much effort (money?) Aerosoft puts into these things. And I found the post to be funny and informative. Yours not.

• Upvote 2

• Aerosoft

So you feel that so many FS developers at a meeting organized by Aerosoft is not a topic they should not discuss it in their own forums? I found it rather surprising to see how much effort (money?) Aerosoft puts into these things. And I found the post to be funny and informative. Yours not.

Yes it's expensive, we had a lot of our own staff there and we paid for hotel, all food and most of the beer soft drinks. But these are just business investments. We honestly see X-Plane as as a very solid simulator next to the FS2004, FSX and Prepar3D simulators we already make add-ons for.

post-43-0-45783500-1331714864_thumb.jpg

The whole group, minus a few that could not be persuaded to come outside in the sun. Some developers have not been in sunshine in many years. First one to get all the names right gets a free download.

Wow, are those all Aerosoft developers?

post-43-0-30311800-1331714878_thumb.jpg

We promised it would be all work and no beer and I think we managed. The yellow/brown liquid in the glasses is foamy ice tea. A local drink served on Mallorca. Ben is taking a sip of a vitamin drink.

At least it's comforting to see no buckets with straws sticking out of them in this picture ;-)

The news was the conference itself and as this was the biggest developers meeting for X-Plane ever (it was in fact the biggest FS developers meeting in many years)

That sounds really great! Looking forward to a lot of great addons for XP!

• Aerosoft

Wow, are those all Aerosoft developers?

Mmmmm, yes and no. All of them have are currently producing products for us, but many of them are independent contractors who have their own companies. We are their distributor and they are not employed by us. We have about 10 developers internally.

Its exciting that developers like yourself are looking and moving forwards, thinking about and beginning to develop X-Plane 10 products. The more I look into X-Plane 10, the more I'm liking what I see and the more I'm tempted to run both FSX and X-Plane 10, My only doubt that I have read that at the moment X-Plane does not run smoothly on a Mac and it is more to do with Mac and less to do with X-Plane 10 software - so for now I am still sat on the fence regarding switching over.

Anyway I'm getting off topic a little, The real question for me at this time is will Aerosoft and its team of developers still continue to develop amazing airports/scenery and aircraft for FSX for the foreseeable future?

• Aerosoft

Anyway I'm getting off topic a little, The real question for me at this time is will Aerosoft and its team of developers still continue to develop amazing airports/scenery and aircraft for FSX for the foreseeable future?

For sure, At this moment that is still a larger market and the bread and butter of Aerosoft. The X-Plane productions will for the largest part be a spin-off from the FSX developments.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I know you can't give a clear answer on this (though I have to try), but is there a possibility of the Airbus X release for X-Plane 10? Thanks!