CDT ON EXIT PIPER CHEYENNE FSX 4.0

TRAINTOGAIN

Hello,i just purchased this yesterday, my rig was running perfectly for months until i loaded the aerosoft cheyenne when i exit the cheyenne flight i get windows error looking for a salution? when i steer clear load and unload my other aircraft all is fine so i know this is causing the problem ,any ideas please.

many thanks as always

james

my rig is below....

{FACTORY STD SPEC}HP ELITE i7 880.@2.8gh 64bit. 8gb RAM. 896 MBNvida GTX260. With version 259.36 Drivers installed. Windows 7 Premium. Plus 26 inch HP w2558hc (1920X1200) HD screen.

PMDG 737 NGX. Q-WINGS 757.CAPTAIN SIM x5.CARENADO x8.FLIGHT ONE.JUST FLIGHTx2.ANTS AIRPLANES x3.EPIC VICTORY.CLS x2.WORLD OF TRAFFIC.

ORBX x8.HORIZON SCEENERY.UK2000 AIRPORTS x4.plus MEGA AIRPORT (heathrow).IRISx4.TSS Sounds x5.Oovee sound x1

C H PRODUCTS.(YOKE). MICROSOFT SIDWINDER PRO.

FSX ACCELERATION AND 2004.also REX 2.0 + overdrive for FSX.EZDOK 1.17. ENB plus MOGWAISOFT-SHADE.AEROSOFT PIPER CHEYENNE.4.0

Hello Train,

Very rare error this as not many reports of it to my knowledge, can you try saving your FSX.cfg to a safe place and then delete the original and allow FSX to write a new one on startup, then see what happens.

Hello Train,

Very rare error this as not many reports of it to my knowledge, can you try saving your FSX.cfg to a safe place and then delete the original and allow FSX to write a new one on startup, then see what happens.

Shaun i done that and it distroyed everything,only one of every plane showing, graphics all a night mare a total mess,what did i do wrong?, i have replaced the original now i nearly cried out loud

and i am 60...

james

Hello;

I you remove your Fsx cfg. file,when you re-start Fsx,it should make another one,thee only thing is,if you have add-on aircraft,when you select one,it will add the information to the Fsx cfg. file again.Also,due you have FSUIPC installed,if so,make sure that you have the latest version.

Mark

Hello;

I you remove your Fsx cfg. file,when you re-start Fsx,it should make another one,thee only thing is,if you have add-on aircraft,when you select one,it will add the information to the Fsx cfg. file again.Also,due you have FSUIPC installed,if so,make sure that you have the latest version.

Mark

HI Mark i have Bojote's cfg with highmemfix=1 ect and it runs like a dream and with TEXTURE_MAX_LOAD=4096 looks outstanding when i deleted my cfg and let it make a new one all that disapeared? as i said to shaun above before the aerosoft cheyenne was first installed its perfect now its not so it must be that?

Thanks for you help mark and shaun, but something that aerosoft loaded has caused the CTD no doubt..

james.

Hello;

Over at Flight Sim Labs, they have a texture enhancement tool,that makes changess in the cfg file,you can select how you want to change it,also it gives you recommendations on how to do it,there's a version 1,and 1.1,its called the FSX Texture Fix Utility .You should give this a try.I run the settings at 4096,I also use Rex,and never had any CTD with the plane,I have Fsx pretty much maxed out in the settings.

Mark

Hello James,

Removing the fsx.cfg wont destroy anything it just makes a default fsx.cfg with not tweaks etc and resets all your settings.

I dont think the Cheyenne would have caused this to happen as it would have happened to me and everyone else who installed it, its more than likely highlighting an issue within FSX on your system, try un-installing SP2/Accelerarion and re-install it amongst other things.

If the exit from FSX is causing a problem with the Cheyenne the short-term solution is NOT to quit the sim from that aircraft - change to a default and quit out from there.

Next. you tell us you have a much-modified setup including those dangerous Bojote tweaks. It concerns me you have troubles returning to standard FSX .cfg when you have seemingly meddled with something you know nothing about?

The default FSX .cfg will merely prompt you to reconfirm aftermarket gauges and aircraft, but has the simplest method for returning the graphics to normal quality - you set the resolution, you set the chosen Anisotropic Filtering setting and you select Anti-aliasing based on whether you have graphics modified by the driver controls or not. These are all basic menu settings.

The FSX.cfg will also re-set the shader cache. Automatically. Nothing complicated there and it should be part of every simmers repertoire if you have any degree of addon or modified settings.

Also by default your `one of every aircraft showing` is simply a question of re-checking the box in the aircraft selection menu `Show All Variations`...

This is all basic FS stuff and makes me worried that you have likely messed with something you shouldn't have or made some change you don't understand, or haven't yet mentioned.

What does the actual CTD error message say?

If the exit from FSX is causing a problem with the Cheyenne the short-term solution is NOT to quit the sim from that aircraft - change to a default and quit out from there.

Next. you tell us you have a much-modified setup including those dangerous Bojote tweaks. It concerns me you have troubles returning to standard FSX .cfg when you have seemingly meddled with something you know nothing about?

The default FSX .cfg will merely prompt you to reconfirm aftermarket gauges and aircraft, but has the simplest method for returning the graphics to normal quality - you set the resolution, you set the chosen Anisotropic Filtering setting and you select Anti-aliasing based on whether you have graphics modified by the driver controls or not. These are all basic menu settings.

The FSX.cfg will also re-set the shader cache. Automatically. Nothing complicated there and it should be part of every simmers repertoire if you have any degree of addon or modified settings.

Also by default your `one of every aircraft showing` is simply a question of re-checking the box in the aircraft selection menu `Show All Variations`...

This is all basic FS stuff and makes me worried that you have likely messed with something you shouldn't have or made some change you don't understand, or haven't yet mentioned.

What does the actual CTD error message say?

Thank you simon, couple of points yes i am a novice when it come to computers so where would i find the error message after windows has to close? and second if my rig was running perfect with all the add ons listed and i run the piper installer and then that happens would you not think it fair that it might be the DA piper?

Many thanks as always Simon and Shaun. its a big mistake of teaching to think everybody that has a flightsim knows the basics,why would they? you buy to fly not be a computer wizz

james willing to learn........ ps if i stay clear of the piper i can go in and out of the menu with all my other aircraft and it is perfect thats all i am saying,thanks

The mistake is trying to run before you can walk. You don't buy a plane, then fly it before you get a licence. You don't pass your driving test in the morning and buy a 700hp supercar in the afternoon. You don't learn how to boil a kettle and toast some bread then cater for a 7-course sit-down menu for 600.

Why would you think that accessing a complex simulation product would involve bypassing those basics?

And I will tell you why it's not the Piper - the error message is N O T one that is generated within FS. Not one that is produced by the addon either. It is one produced as a result of a system error - You already said it - WINDOWS has to close... Not FSX, not the Piper Cheyenne. The problem is without knowing what the problem is we can't offer any semblance of a solution.