Mega Airport Helsinki X (product released, topic closed)

This will be great :D I am looking forward to do some flights with the Airbus X Extended in and out Helsinki :D

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Those season pictures where really great, and I'm hanging tight until winter preview comes. But will it be released during early summer or late summer/early fall? I wan't a new destination to fly the shuttle...

Those season pictures where really great, and I'm hanging tight until winter preview comes. But will it be released during early summer or late summer/early fall? I wan't a new destination to fly the shuttle...

Thank you, I'm 100% sure the winter textures will blow your mind!

We're looking for release during this summer, it's still hard to say in which part of it. :)

That's nice to hear. I have followed this project for about a year now, and those ground textures, are honestly the best I've ever seen for flight simulator. I remember i saw a banner at your home-page a long time said coming 2011. Obviously that didn't happen, and I totally respect that. You're not the first developer with a release delay. I'm just glad someone makes these scenerie, cuz I would have made some sceneies of my favourite airports if I had the knowlage, which I don't have.... Keep up the good work at A-Flight, and I'm looking forward to the release :)

Thanks for your kind words, we really appreciate it.

It's our first Flight Sim project ever, and we feel sorry that we couln't keep the promised 2011. That's why I'm not giving any exact date for this summer. But once you'll get it, you will love it. :)

• 2 weeks later...

@tebsu I'm sure shaddows will be aviable as long as you turn them on in the settings menu.

And, Aleksi.... Long until winter previews? And do you guys have any other projects planned? Maybe (Oslo)-Sandefjord Torp "hint, hint" ^^?

How many people are actually working on a project like this?

Moro Tebin!

I know that problem well. I'm in a believe that it's not caused by Aerosoft, it's a FSX problem. It happens when there is a heavy scenery load. I have seen it outside the Aerosoft airports as well.

I will look into this problem, but I'm afraid it can't be fixed. :)

The photo scenery area isn't that large actually. It's the main area of the airport, of course, and including a small area outisde the runways as well.

There is, though, as you might know some freeware photosceneries available for Helsinki area. I can supply you with url's.

Hey Jarlsberg,

I'm sure we will show you some shots not to far from now. As said before, the winter texturing will be totally blowing your mind!

We have couple of visions about the next products, though they're not ready to be unveiled yet. We will keep you informed after the first release!

The team consists of few people. Antti Haka is the boss and making all the scenery 3D work and texturing. I am in charge of public relations and communication. Then there is couple of beta testers whom are doing work 24/7 to keep the quality as good as Antti wants it to be. :)

I´ve never seen any other winter-textures of this quality before... Will be nice to fly there with the NGX and the Airbus X Extended :)

No problem Tebin! I would love to see it as well, but I don't think we would have enough customers. We'll see... Thanks! :)

well, who knows ;) if you can do other finnish airports in this quality as well, you guys will get enough customer i would say. look at ORBX. they do airports that no one knows and they are still successful. finland has some very nice AND famous airports but you know that better than i do :) will be happy to see EFHK (soon?)

I hadn't expected this, Aleksi!.... But god damnit what a level of detail. Snow banks and snow tracks at the concrete. I can now see why the release got delayed, and well, it was absolutely worth it. Can't wait to put the nose of one of my Norwegian -800 at one of the runways there.. :D

Thank you guys! You're right - we wanted to have the winter scenery as detailed as possible and that took us some time. We are getting towards the release now, though! Stay tuned! :)

Guest cptawsom

Only 10:02 now but my office is already 27 degrees (the right kind, the C kind). Yet these images made me cold.

Superb.

This winter, with Helsinki, and Yekaterinburg, is going to be superb, in FSX.

Archived