Visibility to other online pilots - VATSIM

Kevin Firth

Apologies if this is a stupid question, but is it possible for the Bronco to be visible to other online pilots when connected to VATSIM using Squawkbox please?

I've looked through the Squawkbox manual but it isn't entirely clear to me how I should accomplish this - and I don't want to break some IP laws by sharing model files that I shouldn't!

Can anyone help please? I don't want my fellow online pilots to see me as an arrow with a question mark on! :P

Thanks

kevin

This cannot be done.

If the Aerosoft Bronco model has to be shown, it must be installed on the other pilots system.

Normally if thts not the case, a substitute aircraft will be shown instead, like the Kingair or another - often low poly model installed with squawkbox.

Finn

This cannot be done.

If the Aerosoft Bronco model has to be shown, it must be installed on the other pilots system.

Normally if thts not the case, a substitute aircraft will be shown instead, like the Kingair or another - often low poly model installed with squawkbox.

Finn

Thanks, would it be possible for Aerosoft to distribute a low poly 'dumbed down' basic external model only that could be shared and used online legitimately through a Squawkbox SMS profile please? It would really be the icing on the cake for a beautiful aircraft - I love my Bronco, but when I appear as something else to everyone else I feel I might as well just fly a default aircraft online :(

Thanks

k

I do understand what You mean, but I´m sure that won´t happen.

Doing even such a low poly model would require some work hours for the 3D modeller with no payment.

And still everybody wanting to see the bronco, though they don´t own it, would need to have this low poly installed.

Finn

I do understand what You mean, but I´m sure that won´t happen.

Doing even such a low poly model would require some work hours for the 3D modeller with no payment.

And still everybody wanting to see the bronco, though they don´t own it, would need to have this low poly installed.

Finn

I'd pay a supplement to be able to use such a model though, if you would enable us to legally distribute only that. I know there would be a cost involved, but it would be an excellent trend if developers would include such a basic model as part of the final product - how about a market leader like Aerosoft leading the way? It would be great if the inclusion of a basic online model were seen like a virtual cockpit - indispensable! :P ...or if a suitably capable enthusiast created one from the shipped model, would you be willing to approve that for online use so we could all benefit from it? I wouldn't want to distribute anything that was 1st person flyable, just a halfway decent visual rendition of my lovely aircraft...

Cheers

k

I do not agree...

We would have to spend precious resources, making a model for people who have not bought the Bronco, inorder for them to see the Bronco someone else have bought.

This cost has to be paid by someone ,and that someone will be those who are buying the Bronco and allready have the full model (where else should that money come from), just to help those who does not want to buy it, being able to see it as a Bronco online..... hmmmm

I doubt anyone would pay money for a low poly and not flyable model.

Please understand that this is not just all about money, but we don´t have unlimitied resources and having to deliver extra models for each aicraft addon we are releasing would mean higher cost for the buying customers, giving them something exactly they don´t need.

Finn

Thanks Finn,

I appreciate the time taken to reply :) I think I've found a workaround though, in that there is one freeware OV10-D out there floating around, which isn't in the same league as yours, but if someone downloads it and installs it on their system will probably make a passable exterior representation through SB...

Cheers

k